Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

Satay chicken is seven shades of awesome.

I can make that too (with canned satay sauce)

You just need peanut butter, and soy sauce I think, plus some curry powder and whatever to make it. Not sure about the proper recipe though (clearly :lol: )

bono_man2002 said:
Can't stand Subway.

I'm back again.

But you don't like chocolate either.

I think you were just born with deformed tastebuds.

Axver said:

Shame we can't pop over there after Terrorism for lunch, thanks to that 2pm class of yours.

I know, it sucks. I'd skip it, but I've already skipped waaay too many classes this term.

major_panic said:

Thai? Go for the Thai Green Curry, and the Tom Yam. It absolutely freaking OWNS. Make sure the Tom Yam's very spicy though, and has seafood in it.

Alright, thanks.

I can't stand seafood except for prawns, does that matter?

major_panic said:

I know, it sucks. I'd skip it, but I've already skipped waaay too many classes this term.

:tsk: I guess I'll just pop down into the CBD and have lunch with Ali then.

The Sad Punk said:

Alright, thanks.

I can't stand seafood except for prawns, does that matter?

It shouldn't, the seafood just makes the Tom Yam soup richer and tastier. And besides, I think it's meant to have seafood in it. Not sure though, I'm not Thai.

coolian2 said:

Presumably that is why it's called Sahweet Pork

:lol: That explains a lot.

Actually, I'm still not sure about sweet and sour pork. It's a bit of a tourist dish too, but everyone loves it. :drool:

The Sad Punk said:
LJ is here: http://knockadocka.livejournal.com/

With special celebratory St. Patrick's post!

Oh there's a Mongol place around here, I was thinkin' of going sometime.

I keep forgetting it's Saint Paddy's Day.

And the only Mongol place I recall seeing was this filthy hole in the wall somewhere in central Auckland. I suspected that with every meal, you got a case of food poisoning for free.

major_panic said:

:lol: That explains a lot.

Actually, I'm still not sure about sweet and sour pork. It's a bit of a tourist dish too, but everyone loves it. :drool:

I can't comment on getting the food from the original country. The closest i've ever been was Narita Airport and everything was closed.

The Sad Punk said:
Alright cats, I'm gonna go eat tzatziki coated haloumi and loukaniko and drink hell of Mythos.

See you later. :wave:

:jealous:

I don't want to cook in this heat. Ugh.

See you later. :wave:

Axver said:

I keep forgetting it's Saint Paddy's Day.

And the only Mongol place I recall seeing was this filthy hole in the wall somewhere in central Auckland. I suspected that with every meal, you got a case of food poisoning for free.

There's a good one in the city, but I can't remember where it is. All you can eat :drool:

coolian2 said:

I can't comment on getting the food from the original country. The closest i've ever been was Narita Airport and everything was closed.

Fair enough. But even then, eating in restaurants in the original country is quite different - you want the real stuff, go out into someone's house and eat homecooked versions of whatever. :drool:

Squid (calamari?) crumbed and deep-fried is amazing. Hell, squid is amazing.

And I have told you all about the grilled manta ray, right?

Axver said:

Eeek.

Genghis Khan in Botany, SuperWin.

If you can get past eating at a place named after a cannibal.

major_panic said:

Fair enough. But even then, eating in restaurants in the original country is quite different - you want the real stuff, go out into someone's house and eat homecooked versions of whatever. :drool:

Squid (calamari?) crumbed and deep-fried is amazing. Hell, squid is amazing.

And I have told you all about the grilled manta ray, right?

You told us about some type of cooked Stingray.

coolian2 said:

Eeek.

Genghis Khan in Botany, SuperWin.

If you can get past eating at a place named after a cannibal.

I guess you just have to be careful when ordering their "Surprise Dish" eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom