Withnail & I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klodomir

Refugee
http://www.withnail-and-i.com

Oh, what a wonderful, wonderful film! I'm so happy to have finally discovered it. I have never before heard so many memorable quotes in just one film. I was literally crying with laughter!

Any other fans here?

Yes Klodomir...I hired the video because I saw Paul McGann's name in the cast. I had seen him in a TV mini series, "The Monocled Mutineer"and thought he was great. Also in another TV show with his brothers that was set in Ireland, can't recall the name now. He was also given the honour of playing an incarnation of Dr Who.
I see at the link "Withnail & I" is a "Handmade Films" production. That was George Harrison's company wasn't it? I once saw a movie by them with Michael Caine, set in the West Indies called "Water"..lol.
Richard E Grant is cool too. Loved him in the one where he plays a widower with a very very young baby girl.
I have a Q arising from a movie I watched yesterday. Maybe I'll start a new topic though. I like the movies
smile.gif

Great movie indeed, all my friends love it too, its got a huge fanbase, very funny film, only saw it a couple of months ago though! It looks kinda shite, but when you sit down and watch it, hehe, its cool

Finally saw it a few weeks ago. My roommate, who is a Doctor Who fan and has sort of a crush on Paul McGann, bought the DVD. Really great film. I kept screaming "Get in the back of the van!" for a couple of days after watching the movie. I don't know why, but I just thought that line was really really funny. I loved the kitchen scene at the beginning too. "Fork it!"

As a Sharpe fan, I was also pleasantly surprised to see Daragh O'Malley, who plays Sergeant Harper in the Sharpe, as the screaming Irishman in the pub.

Oh, the Richard E. Grant film was Jack and Sarah. Really nice movie, even with Samantha Mathis. She usually annoys the heck out of me, but she was tolerable in that movie.

[This message has been edited by lylas (edited 02-15-2002).]

Originally posted by lylas:
I kept screaming "Get in the back of the van!" for a couple of days after watching the movie. I don't know why, but I just thought that line was really really funny.
LOL! I had to rewind a few times to hear that one again. http://www.withnail-and-i.com/sounds/38.wav

I just ordered the DVD yesterday. I heard that there's an audio commentary by Paul McGann on it. Does anyone here own it?

Come over and watch it at my place? I will supply the lighter fluid and various pills.

Back
Top Bottom