wish me luck...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I have to learn some Turkish for my trip. I'm a linguistic klutz, so let's just hope I learn enough to get around Istanbul.

RedrocksU2 said:
...good luck!...be careful.

Post pics when you come back!

P.S. where's Istanbul?....:reject:.....:D

It's the capital of Constantinopal :der:

Enjoy, Verte. I'm envious. And I know your obsession is larger than mine. Have fun. Do lots of paintings :up: :hug:

Wow, it's trip time already?!!! Well I am sure you will do just fine. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics on your return. Stay safe and healthy. Happy New Year too! :wink:

Well, it's not really trip time, that's April. But I need to start practicing the Turkish so I'll remember something when I have jet lag. :wink:

Good Luck, My Girlfriend has to go to Turkey for business in 6 months, let us know some do's and dont's when you get back.

Istanbul is a great city. My mother is from there and we have a LOT of relatives there(and in other parts of Turkey). I've been there seven(I think it's seven) times.

And I still don't speak much Turkish. I know a few words...

merheba = hello

seni seviyorum = I love you(ok so you probably won't get to know anyone well enough to use that :wink: )

evet = yes

yok = no

gunaydin = good morning

iyi aksamlar = good evening

iyi geceler = good night

[insert item here] nekedar = how much is [insert item here] (as in price)

Thanks everyone! I'm currently checking out a program that includes CD's. I need something that gives me the accent. I guess that there are many Turkish accents because it's a pretty big country with many distinct areas. I'll be in Istanbul with at least a day trip to Bursa tentatively planned at this point.

The Pimsluer Method works for me, it is basically learning phrases and reinforcing them at basic levels but it really helps with pronounciation and accents.

Back
Top Bottom