Winona Ryder found GUILTY on 2 counts... Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Winona found guilty of:

Felony Grand Theft
Vandalism

Not guilty of 2nd degree Commercial Burglary

Sentencing on Dec. 6th...

Thoughts?

I'm guessing she'll get fined and communiy service.
Why someone with her $$ is stealing is the bigger question. Methinks she may need a little psychiatric help.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

*shock of the day*

I soooooo did not think this was gonna happen, solely on the fact that she is famous. Well, they'll probably just make her pay restitution and maybe do some community service but nothing major......

Wow! The justice system does work. No celebrity discount.

(Actually, she will get celebrity treatment in sentencing - like house arrest)

Lock her up and throw away the key-then steal Bono's # from her Filofax ;) :tongue:

Seriously, the case was fairly rock solid against her-what legitimate defense did she present? I also saw more of the video last night-it showed her putting the hair accessories into her hat. She sent the clerks out twice while she was in the dressing room to get her a coke, and that must be when she cut the tags, etc.

I'm tired of celebrities getting preferential treatment.
She obviously needs professional help, but she should also be punished for what she did. Supposedly there were prior instances of shoplifting that would be brought out if she testified, so who knows how long she got away with this.

Yeah why is she stealing? I mean damn, I'm a broke college students but I will never steal!! She is definitely :coocoo:

:D But she was found guilty! Ahahahaha!! It's funny in a way. I mean come now, like she will do jail time! HA! :tsk:

i wonder if all this will be part of the movie she was practicing for.

wait maybe all this is a movie:|

bonosloveslave said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

*shock of the day*

I soooooo did not think this was gonna happen, solely on the fact that she is famous. Well, they'll probably just make her pay restitution and maybe do some community service but nothing major......

Im thinking the same thing but i must say I wonder what BONO is thinking about this!!!!!!

kobayashi said:
i wonder if all this will be part of the movie she was practicing for.

wait maybe all this is a movie:|

uuuuhhhhhh ok Morphous. I will choose the blue pill. :eyebrow:

:| :lol: :wave: :sexywink:

really if this was you asnd me the same thing would have happened. And the sentancing will not be hard. But the same thing for regualar ppl who shoplift they usually get a slap on the wrist especially on their first time.

Well I'm glad they found her guilty regardless of her celebrity status. But like everyone has said, I'm sure she'll just get community service or something. Hopefully she'll get some psychiatric help too.

She could get up to 3 years but the prosecutor on the case will only ask for probation and community service.

She should be breaking rocks somewhere.

daisybean said:
She'll just get a slap on the wrist.
:yes:

As usual for famous people. If any of us were ever stupid enough to do something like that, we'd end up in jail. :madspit:

i think if she was a rich but not a famous person , she could have much less pressure and problems , it could've been faster and certainly probation and some public works or donation for poor people . i hope , they will give her a probation .

i like her movies , i like how she looks like .

she's just a crazy fox . pretty beautiful , i might add . :tongue: :lol: :lol: :wave:

i think it's ridiculous that she was not convicted on that third count of commercial burglary. i mean, come on, if you follow the case carefully, she clearly had intent to steal when she entered that store.

ughhh, i can't stand winona rider--never could--she has always struck me as being such an utter wench and a rather shady character....i really think she should get both her hands chopped off, like they do in some arab countries to people who steal (just watch how many acting jobs she gets after that). But as nbcrusader mentioned, the prosecution is only seeking probation, some community service, and restitution to the store :rolleyes: i could just imagine what the "community service" will consist of: having her star in one of those "the more you know" public service commercials and talk about the dangers of stealing (including potentially cutting your finger while attempting to remove security tags and bleeding on the expensive clothing you're planning to swipe. she could then talk about how "blood stains are a bitch to get out")? ah yes, i could see it now ;)

...but seriously, ever since OJ was cleared of murder charges, nothing surprises me when it comes to celebs, crime, and justice (or lacktherof). i'm sure i could start a television series with that title and concept in mind--if it hasn't been done already that is ;)

Last edited:
TripThruUreWires said:
i could just imagine what the "community service" will consist of: having her star in one of those "the more you know" public service commercials and talk about the dangers of stealing (including potentially cutting your finger while attempting to remove security tags and bleeding on the expensive clothing you're planning to swipe. she could then talk about how "blood stains are a bitch to get out")? ah yes, i could see it now ;)

Uh oh. Winona will have her attorneys file suit against Saks and the manufacturer of those security tags for making and using inherently dangerous security tags. I mean, she cut herself!!:sad:

I am not surprized at all. I think she just steals becasue of the thrill. She'll just get community service and have to pay them back. I still don't see what the big deal is though. Yes stealing is wrong, but I mean from Saxx? Like they are having a hard time or something. And I am sorry but 100 bucks for a pair of socks or whatever the hell is theft in it's own right. Screw those honkies. And Winnona is obviously a wierdo too. But she's a wierdo who knows Bono. Let's keep that in mind.

notiti said:

Offensive!!! Offensive!!!

babu1.gif

Back
Top Bottom