Wide Awake In Randoooooooooom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:

yeah I was thinking it was down in that area. I know where the water tower is on Snelling. So it must be on the other side of Ford Pkwy?

Yup...away from the state fair down snelling.

I have lived all around there. :D

arw9797 said:

I know, it's sad. My dad has always bought my mom and sister flowers on their birthdays. He has to buy me happy birthday balloons instead. :sigh:

THAT sucks. Sorry. :(

And hopefully you realize I am not rubbing it in or anything...

OK....we have neglected Schmeg and kariann

zoney! said:

Yup...away from the state fair down snelling.

I have lived all around there. :D

One day I'm going to live there. My friend works in the heart of downtown St Paul and she said she's too afraid to explore the city on her own so she never leaves her office. :sigh: If I worked in downtown St Paul I would be all over the place every day. She works close to the river. :scream: We went to the Irish Fair on Harriet Island in August and she said that was the first time she had been out that way :mad: Zoney, next time you're in town we should go to the Liffey for a pint :drool:

zoney! said:

And hopefully you realize I am not rubbing it in or anything...

No, I understand the use of the smilies. I've been here for almost 3 years so I hope at this point I'm considered "old school." If you posted an :angry: smilie at me, I would not take offense or report it to a mod :kiss:

arw9797 said:

No, I understand the use of the smilies. I've been here for almost 3 years so I hope at this point I'm considered "old school." If you posted an :angry: smilie at me, I would not take offense or report it to a mod :kiss:
I would since I am feeling neglected. :rant:

arw9797 said:

One day I'm going to live there. My friend works in the heart of downtown St Paul and she said she's too afraid to explore the city on her own so she never leaves her office. :sigh: If I worked in downtown St Paul I would be all over the place every day. She works close to the river. :scream: We went to the Irish Fair on Harriet Island in August and she said that was the first time she had been out that way :mad: Zoney, next time you're in town we should go to the Liffey for a pint :drool:

I used to work downtown St. Paul in the Union Depot building. I had a great little cube that had a window that looked out over 94 and 52, the railroad and the Mississippi. :up:

I am not a huge Liffey fan. I prefer the downtown MPLS Irish places...or the Half Time Rec. I am spent A LOT of time at the Rec. (odd segue) Most of my family is buried down the street from the Rec.

zoney! said:

I used to work downtown St. Paul in the Union Depot building. I had a great little cube that had a window that looked out over 94 and 52, the railroad and the Mississippi. :up:

I am not a huge Liffey fan. I prefer the downtown MPLS Irish places...or the Half Time Rec. I am spent A LOT of time at the Rec. (odd segue) Most of my family is buried down the street from the Rec.

That would be my dream view! :drool:

and I LOVE the Liffey :love: It's everything I thought an Irish pub would look like and now that I've been to Ireland I can say that it does remind me of an Irish pub. I don't care for the food too much but I really like the atmosphere...plus the Guinness is sooo good there. :drool:

zoney! said:

ARW needs a roomie!

You should move to Minnesota and then we could take the ballroom dancing classes! :lol:
I thought you lived in a swamp in Pennsylvania!

I don't know if I could deal with the subzero temperatures and the lack of ocean out there. :sigh: You should all move to RI!

Schmeg said:

I don't know if I could deal with the subzero temperatures and the lack of ocean out there. :sigh: You should all move to RI!

I keep telling you that with 10,000 lakes you won't miss the ocean! It only goes below zero in January for a few weeks. :tsk: You'd barely notice it! :shifty:

Schmeg said:

I do live in swampy Pennsylvania. But I wrk for an airline! :D One that is headquartered in Minnesota.

And I do have to say...that is the ONE thing that I would love to have in Minnesota...ocean. :( Again...I work for an airline. Oceans can be flown too.

Subzero temps....to be honest with you, you night not believe me on this, but BECAUSE you ahve the ocean, the un-subzero temps in New England FEEL COLDER than the sub-zero temps in Minnesota (where it is more of a DRY cold).

arw9797 said:

ballroom dancing? :( I don't get it :reject:

Schmeg, kariann, blue room and I are taking classes.

Oddly, kariann and schmeg were going to partner up, leaving blue Room and I to dance. :yikes:

zoney! said:

I do live in swampy Pennsylvania. But I wrk for an airline! :D One that is headquartered in Minnesota.

And I do have to say...that is the ONE thing that I would love to have in Minnesota...ocean. :( Again...I work for an airline. Oceans can be flown too.

Subzero temps....to be honest with you, you night not believe me on this, but BECAUSE you ahve the ocean, the un-subzero temps in New England FEEL COLDER than the sub-zero temps in Minnesota (where it is more of a DRY cold).
:drool: Damp and cold...hot and sticky...bring on the humidity! :laugh:

zoney! said:

Oddly, kariann and schmeg were going to partner up, leaving blue Room and I to dance. :yikes:

I must have been sleeping when those plans were made...speaking of sleep................

zoney! said:

:lol: Was that what ended up happening? I missed that part!

Actually that's legal in ice dancing tests. :sexywink:

Kariann said:
Bono and Edge rock my world! Sorry...watching again during round 2 taping. Just had an I :heart: U2 moment.
I can't wait to see this!!!! :hyper: :combust:

:sad: I have pm's from a year ago and I just opened up one about the World Series last year. :sigh:

Schmeg said:

:lol: Was that what ended up happening? I missed that part!

Actually that's legal in ice dancing tests. :sexywink:

sorry...my bizarro imagination (figuring I may be too scary for you guys to dance with)

zoney! said:

sorry...my bizarro imagination (figuring I may be too scary for you guys to dance with)
Never!

Blue Room, on the other hand, might be a little freaked out right now. :laugh:

I think it's time for bed...I just zoned (ha!) out for a few minutes.

:wave: Night!

Back
Top Bottom