Why the hell are those Louis Vitton things so damn expensive?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Alright. I'm sick of it. I've seen enough LV things going around to ask what is so damn good about it?

It's so stupid! It's the same patter all over!!

I don't get it. I simply don't. Why are they so expensive?

(..oh and yes I can afford it. :eyebrow: )

Gosh, glad to hear you can afford upwards of $450 and wayyy beyond for a handbag. :ohmy:

Anyway, it's expensive because the markup value is robbery and evidently the materials they use are valuable. I dunno :shrug:

Because enough people will pay for them. I do like the older Coach handbags, not the newer ones, but have never cared for the LV stuff.

Market demand, because people have bought into the brand. That's as simple as it gets, really.

I find them annoying, personally.

Personally, I think they are hiddeous looking lol. But very popular with the stars so since the stars have them, everyone else wants them.

I spent the weekend in SoCal and I swear 1 out of every 5 women were carrying an LV or other expensive bag.

Whatever you do, dont buy them off ebay. 90% of them are fake. And look so real you cant tell the difference unless you are an avid LV collector or have done a lot of research.

money is the world greatest plague with religion

i've got no idea what these things are...which may or may not be an indication of my income tax bracket.

They have them here in Georgetown...the copies that is...really can't tell the difference...I don't like them either...I rather have unique purses like one that I have from FCUK that noone else has :)

A lot of the LV bags you see are most likely fake. You can get good fakes through purse parties, down on Canal St. in NYC, and I am sure at lots of other places.

There are very few people who can afford the real thing.

JessicaAnn said:

There are very few people who can afford the real thing.

I could afford one.

However, I would have to drain my bank account and live without food for a month to do so. Considering that my purse doubles as a portable trash can, I think I'll pass. That, and I don't like them or understand them, either.

those bags are so ugly and I am sick of taking the subway and seeing people with imitation bags. It is not the price that matters but they are so fuckin' ugly.

i have a homemade cloth purse someone made for me. it cost about $10. the cool thing is that i *know* no one else has it, and it's unique to me. it's the colours i like, and the design i like. lime green with daisies :love: i can't understand why people pay so much for purses. the most i've ever paid is like $35 for the cute beaded kind. i saw one i adored for about $50 and that was just too much for a purse. i can't imagine paying thousands for one. that money can be spent much better.

Last edited:
I've had one expensive (like $50.00) purse in my life. It was the only one that ever fell apart on me. Now, I just buy canvas bags, for as cheap as I can get 'em and decorate them myself.

nbcrusader said:
I laugh when I see LV luggage

So do the baggage handlers...especially the ones that couldn't afford one of the bags even if they put their whole two week paycheck towards one.

Angela Harlem said:
and cost $3,000.
i could fly to europe first class for that.

Really? $3000 for first class from Australia to Europe? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom