Why No Golf Discussions Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
No golfers in the house here?

No discussions about Tiger's ascension to #1 again?

Or his new 3-wood?

Or his spectacular shots in Saturday and Sunday?

How about his duel with Lefty?

I am surprised there aren't any golf fans in this forum.

Cheers,

J

Golf isn't a real sport. Well, okay, it is, but it's an annoying and goofy one. The creepiest thing about golf is even young golf stars look old and stodgy while playing golf. Tiger Woods has all the same icky mannerisms as the creepy old businessmen who call you sweetheart and are patronizing; I dunno, golfers just strike me as greasy skeezebags. (If anyone can produce a non-skeezy golfer I'm totally open to this, but seriously, who among golfers is not a slimy, gross, pretentious asshole?) Golf is such a status symbol and there are so many pollutant pesticides used to get the grass the way it is, that what use is it? It's like colonialism, only with horrible polo shirts. Eew.

Okay, that made no sense, but I was just scarred by JJ Redick's poetry, so you'll have to excuse me.

Bbug said:
I dunno, golfers just strike me as greasy skeezebags. (If anyone can produce a non-skeezy golfer I'm totally open to this, but seriously, who among golfers is not a slimy, gross, pretentious asshole?)

Phil Mickelson is the best possilbe example of a true sportsman. Honest. Humble. Dedicated to his wife and small kids. Family man. Genuine nice guy.

And man can he golf. :applaud:

Golf was once a status sport. It used to be reserved for the elite of society. Now that it has become so popular and accessable, Golf is refreshingly blue collar. It's because of golfers like Annika, Tiger and Phil that golf is inclusive rather than exclusive. It's the most popular sport among young people aged 6- 16.

Some people would rather play golf than watch it. Others think that it's boring. I find that those people who claim to hate golf don't understand it, and generally don't know anything about sports anyway. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Tiger and Phil's duel on Sunday was awesome. I can't wait for The Masters. :yes:

there used to be lots of golf discussion here

but those people who discussed it have left

i just dont really get into sports where you are rooting on individuals rather than a hometown team

though i do like to play

"I want a hamburger, no I want a cheeseburger.
I want french fries. I want a milkshake"

"You'll get nothing and like it Spaulding"

Cheers,
H2

I was flying home from Orlando last Sunday (on Jet Blue) and it was really cool to watch the final round. There were many guys on the flight who were golfers who were watching. There were several claps when Phil birdied 13 & 14 and also just as many when Tiger birdied 17....Should be an interesting next four weeks. Next week is Bay Hill which Tiger had dominated in the past and then TPC. Hopefully the pinnacle (horrible golf analogy) is a month from Sunday with Hootie and company.....

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Cheers,

H

Back
Top Bottom