why is interference never talking about the rolling stones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
English girls theyre so prissy
I cant stand them on the telephone
Sometimes I take the receiver off the hook
I dont want them to ever call at all

White girls theyre pretty funny
Sometimes they drive me mad
Black girls just wanna get fucked all night
I just dont have that much jam

joyfulgirl said:
^ Those songs weren't boring when they came out. It's just that for me personally I've heard them so many millions of times that it's hard to get excited about them anymore. There's not one song on that list that I'd crank up if it came on in the car today and in fact there are a few that would make me change the channel (Satisfaction, Beast of Burden, Honky Tonk Woman, Brown Sugar, It's Only Rock & Roll).

Ditto here! Those last few songs you listed I find so freakin' boring, maybe due to radio overplay... dunno. But I do love a handful of their songs including Gimme Shelter which is a favorite.

Zootlesque said:

Ditto here! Those last few songs you listed I find so freakin' boring, maybe due to radio overplay... dunno. But I do love a handful of their songs including Gimme Shelter which is a favorite.

I can listen to Satisfaction for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.

It could be my favorite Stones song, wait, Sympathy for the Devil is... no, Jumpin' Jack Flash, no, You Can't Always Get What You Want...

I give up. :shrug:

The Stones have a nice amount of younger "casual" fans, but can anyone under 20 afford the $450 dollar tickets.

fna692002 said:
The Stones have a nice amount of younger "casual" fans, but can anyone under 20 afford the $450 dollar tickets.

thats a good point. i dont think the stones are actually trying very hard to get younger fans, as opposed to u2.

I should break out my 4 Flicks dvd. :drool:

I think U2 fans would wet themselves if they ever put out something like that. They of course would have to do three different stage setups first, so if there were any living fans left after that tour (you know people would be spontaneously combusting, those who don't bitch about getting tickets, that is) that's what would happen.

:wink:

Sympathy for devil is such a great song to wake up to, love the falsetto.

I just found this thread. I first saw the Stones in 94 during Voodoo Lounge. I was 14 at the time although because of 3 older sisters, I grew up on rock music esp the Stones. I saw them 3 times during this recent tour. Loved every moment (even the crazy cold night at Soldier Field last fall when they did some rarer stuff). The energy that Mick has esp at this age is staggering. Point being, I love the Stones. :up:

The Stones music will always live on. So, like it or not, they're here to stay.
They were young and great in the 60's.
They were drugged out and still great in the 70's.
They were fried by 1981, but they still kept rocking despite Keith losing most of his teeth.
By 1986, Mick and Keith were really sick of each other so they went on a hiatus.
By 1989, they got together again and did Steel Wheels and they've been rocking ever since.
Usually, every few years they release a new album which is usually pretty good. They pluck a few new songs from their new album and hit the road for another record setting World tour.

The Stones are up there with The Beatles, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles and so on.

I don't mind the Stones, but I find it baffling that they should be compared with the likes of U2, Beatles, Led Zep and the like...

I prefer The Kinks anyday over the Stones...

And from a personal point of view, why would I need to listen to the Stones when I can listen to Oasis? Oasis epitomise how I like to think of rock and roll, and I got into them before I discovered the Stones, and Oasis combine the better elements of the Beatles, the Stones, the Who, Neil Young, and the legendary Stone Roses....a perfect blend....

...quite simply, I don't really need to listen to the Stones (not to say that I might not want to, but I can find stuff just as good, if not better, elsewhere)

Back
Top Bottom