Why do you have that name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,

My real name is Martijn (although I usually sign of with Marty, to accomodate all the non-Dutch speakers on this forum). I signed up for a Hotmail account in 1997, hence the take on Pop and Popmart.

C ya!

Marty

I'm not very creative, and didn't want a U2 name, so I just typed out my first name in reverse.

Well, my real name is Beatriz. I have *Patu* 'cause i was with my friends Sofia and Marta (teehee) and we stopped oposite a chemist's shop and Sofia saw a pair of this kind os shoes for babies (patucos in spanish) so she said: I'm going to buy you this shoes (los patucos) and later she started to call me Patu (mecause of the word patuco :laugh: )

It's a silly story, but i like it:wink:
:shifty:

Well, I was a huge Savage Garden fan when I registered, and Truly was my username on a SG board, and I just stuck with the same thing. I took it from the title of an SG song - "Truly Madly Deeply" which is often shortened to just "Truly"

because salomey wanted to say that zooropamanda was already taken in this thread even though it wasnt.
we think ahead u see, all these threads are mapped out years in advance, you just didnt know.

cowgirl...my friend over yonder on another message land used to write stories about the 2 of us being savvy urban cowgirls. we then became the Ruby Red Cowgirls because we have a thing for the Wizard of Oz. Im Cowgirl Andy over there...

I've got sooooooooooooooooul :scream:
and I'm so f*cked up that I'm a mofo.

Hence, thesoulfulmofo
:ohmy: :crack: :coocoo:

I got my name while I was messing around in a chat room. My username was The Edge then. Anyway, we were messing around and acting like superhero's and such so I changed my name to Edgeman. Kinda like superman......but with a super guitar ability.

I think I put too much thought into this nick lol

i had no clue what to use. so i thought i'd use a song title. well, i didn't know which to use.....my first thought was "party girl" cause i love that song, but i figured someone else would have it...that and i'm not really much of a party girl or anything....my second thought was of using luminous times or something, but i'm not a huge fan of that song (well, i like it, but it's not one of my favorites or anything)....and i didn't want to use an everyday song. i actually wasn't sure if i should use this one cause i wasn't sure if ppl would think i was male.....thus the pink avatar ;)...boring story, but meh

:)

<----- My email for Yahoo is Wild_Childe183: a spin on the
term "wild child", and the spelling child-e is what newly
turned vampires are called (long addiction....long story)

Wild Honey - not one of my favorite songs (Grace is favorite
from ATYCLB), but I like the thought behind the lyrics

And thus was born...WildHoneyChild. I knew it would be an obvious nick and somewhat un-original...but I haven't met anyone else on here with it!:tongue: :lol:

Re: :)

WildHoneyChild said:
<----- My email for Yahoo is Wild_Childe183: a spin on the
term "wild child", and the spelling child-e is what newly
turned vampires are called (long addiction....long story)

childe.... btvs and angel fan?

mm me thinks you meant to post this in the thread about nicknames, not start a new thread.

Everyone thinks I'm English when they see my name...
But I'm not English (by birth anyway, but by ancestry yes--and Irish and Welsh and Scots--I'm Bluuuuuuuuuueeee!).
I was an English major in college and got my Masters in English. I couldn't think of anything U2-clever so I came up with that! So I'm rather boring, I guess!

Bastard Latin, much like Bono Vox:

pax=peace
et=and
aurora=dawn, or more loosely translated as light

paxetaurora=peace and light

I'm not creative and I'm a u2er.. and I wanted to think up a name on the spot

kablamo :D

I've changed my screen name alot...this is the latest. Avs is short for Avalanche. Girl because well, I am a girl. :p And 41 is the number of my favorite player, Martin Skoula.

Unfortunately, on AOL and yahoo I have had to resort to some really weird combinations. No matter what oddball screen name I come up with, someone has beat me to it!

Elisabeth

I think someone should start a thread asking us why we have the names here that we do.

That would be cool.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom