Why do women like assholes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm, i'm not an a-hole but i am nice. asked a bunch of girls out an i get the same response, i have a bf or i'm busy. wonder if i need a lil mike tyson attitude in me an get a mohawk an get my lips pierced to get a gf because i'm nice? i don't understand the female species much. hell maybe i'll have good luck this thursday at my fave kareoke bar.

Here's a woman's perspective from someone caught between the nice guy and the not so nice guy ( according to some opinions, anyway ). There's a passion with the notsonice guy that I just haven't found with anyone else... maybe it's the fact that we can have knock-down-drag-out fights and still be okay in the morning. I'm personaly a very spirited person- and part of what I want- right now anyway- is someone as spirited and passionate as I am. Sometimes that means a rollercoaster ride of emotions. But sometimes it's worth the thrill.

woman like assholes for the same reason they like PLEBA - they're eeedeeeots!

Seriously, I'm a woman and I too have a similar story.
I always was what you would call a "doormat".
I had the Big L stamped on my forehead when it came to meeting the right person.

I will give you an example to illustrate how much of an idiot I was.

Enter man who said he was interested. I thought he was. I don't know if he just wanted to get me to bed or what? He didin't if you're wondering. Maybe he found me to be his sugar-momma - I think that was it.

He drifted from job to job. Was a roadies for bands and wanted to travel around with them - you know pretending to be cool. He always had the knack of getting me to pay for everything we did. He didn't drive. He didn't work. He smoke , he drank and he like to travel go figure.

In one of his talks he managed to get me to pay for a trip for him to go with this band that he supposedly was a roadie for. Go figure I said OK. He told me it was important to him. Told me he'd pay me back.

...whatever....then in Vegas or wherever the hell he was he calls me up...tells me he is in trouble something about a ticket and I needed to wire him money - in the hundreds - and did I do it - yes I did.

He gets back and tells me some song and dance about how it's not me. It's him. But don't worry he'll pay me back.

Yeah right. Suffice to say it took police and others to get involved to get everything back...but that's in the past.

I now am blessed with a man who is just like you, a nice guy, and been married for 12 years now with 2 children.

Can I just say, that hang tight, they will eventually see the error in their ways - at least we can hope for that.

Hi, I'm the person who originally started this thread. Your topics are all very interesting, and actually have put a lot of things into perspective.

Guys, if a girl says that you are too nice/too good for her, chances are she is right. A lot of these girls have low self esteem. In fact, I don't know a single female with high self esteem. I'm sure there are some, though. Guys, what you have to do is find a way to tap into that self esteem, and raise it. Now sure, there are some girls who are just skanks and wanna screw everyone. But with nice, decent girls (aka the only ones worth the time) you just have to find a way to make them feel good about themselves, and feel good about you. Don't be too demanding of your girl, allow her space, but also let her know you care. There's no formula, seeing how everyone is different. Don't be too nice, but give her the general respect, plus something else that makes what you two have special.

My problem, now that I think about it, is that I'm not even 20 yet. So the girls I usually date are 17-20. Girls that age don't know what they want at all, so patience is involved. Not all guys know what they want either. But I have older brothers, and grew up hanging around older people, so I am in many ways more mature. They are all getting married and stuff, and it makes me wanna settle down, ya know? But having a woman isn't everything. Eventually, I'll get one. Thanks for the help, ya'll.

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by The_acrobat:
Why do women like assholes?
because they are very handy when you need to go to the toilet?

Good lord, I don't want to know what you and your companion do in the bathroom.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Wow, Scatter brings up a good point. Maybe woman eventually have to date assholes because there are so many.

I'm feeling cynical in this area of life right now...there are of course a lot of women out there who fall into that category too.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Back
Top Bottom