why do most U2 fans hate CREED ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I've never heard anything by them, so I can't comment. They're not that popular here in the UK I don't think. But from what I've read here I guess we're lucky. People's comments haven't made me want to exactly go on a Creed downloading spree :D

Truly said:
Well I've never heard anything by them, so I can't comment. They're not that popular here in the UK I don't think. But from what I've read here I guess we're lucky. People's comments haven't made me want to exactly go on a Creed downloading spree :D

Creed being popular or not so popular is a different issue.
There is a concept of "Creed Bashing"...I dont know why :question:

cuz theyre musical snobs!

I like the new Creed song they play on the radio. I liked all of Creed's music when it FIRST comes out but then it loses something after the 1000th play on MTV, VH1 and the radio and then you kind of like want to protest it!

AcrobatMan said:

Creed being popular or not so popular is a different issue.
There is a concept of "Creed Bashing"...I dont know why :question:

Just to clarify: What I meant was that's the reason I haven't heard anything by them, because they don't get played much over here :)

Where do you live AcrobatMan?

Creed is over rated, over played and they remind me of a boy band for some reason.

I'll answer in detail because I live in Creed's hometown and was around them before they were famous...

Many U2 fans hate Creed because:

Scott Stapp is a hard rock Bono-knock off
They are pompous
They are trite
All their songs sound the same - or are going for the "Where The Streets Have No Name" feel, only with loud guitars
They are overrated (though no critics like them)
They really are not a good and talented band

Basically, Creed is trying to be a hard rock U2 - and it's blatantly and offensively obvious. And they're failing miserably.

The backlash is coming now if it isn't already in fullswing.

I dont like creed, not because their music isnt good - in fact I do rather enjoy some of their songs - but I dont like them because the band members, primarily scott stapp, are ignorant, uninformed, arrogant jack-asses. Bullets vid: Scott Stapp depicted as an angel. One Last Breath vid: Scott Stapp, invincible ironman who stands up to natures fury. The fact that he said in interview that their success was comparable to that of Led Zepplin. Hes just an idiot. I dont like the band for the members.

DO most U2 fans hate Creed? I'm not sure, I'm really not.

Creed just have the misfortune to be the whipping boys of the moment, and Scott Stapp suffers nobly on his cross for all our sins... oh look, the walls are bleeding again.

No really, they are a poor man's U2/Pearl Jam. Cheap imitations DO sell. I'm not really answering the question, am I?

I think what turned me off of them was how in most of their videos Stapp is doing that "Jesus on the Cross" pose. It is like he is saying "worship me," comparing himself to Christ. I'm not very religious, but I found it offensive that he would trivalize in a video a man that many other people believe in and pray to.

Oh yeah and their music sucks.

daisybean said:
I think what turned me off of them was how in most of their videos Stapp is doing that "Jesus on the Cross" pose. It is like he is saying "worship me," comparing himself to Christ. I'm not very religious, but I found it offensive that he would trivalize in a video a man that many other people believe in and pray to.

Oh yeah and their music sucks.

I wholeheartedly agree with both statements. :up:

DrTeeth said:
Because they suck?

daisybean[/i] [b]I think what turned me off of them was how in most of their videos Stapp is doing that "Jesus on the Cross" pose. It is like he is saying "worship me said:

I'll answer in detail because I live in Creed's hometown and was around them before they were famous...

Many U2 fans hate Creed because:

Scott Stapp is a hard rock Bono-knock off
They are pompous
They are trite
All their songs sound the same - or are going for the "Where The Streets Have No Name" feel, only with loud guitars
They are overrated (though no critics like them)
They really are not a good and talented band

Basically, Creed is trying to be a hard rock U2 - and it's blatantly and offensively obvious. And they're failing miserably.

The backlash is coming now if it isn't already in fullswing.

daisybean said:

exactly!!! grrr this pisses me off. especially when he later goes back and makes the directors add more christ-like poses of him in videos. :mad:

acrobatman your scaring me

why WOULDNT u2 fans bash creed?!

as everyone has already mentioned, they suck.

and all of those people who mentioned all that about stapp, i agree.

if i saw him on the street, id call everyone of my friends and wed kick the shit out of him. first id give him a good swift kick in the jimmies.

seriously creed are the worst band in the world. there is nothing to like of them, and everything to hate.

theyre guitarist, it should be mentioned, looks like a complete taco, he leans back with his guitar and things hes king shit when hes doing a guitar solo.

what a bunch of assholes.

I did not read any of the replies (which I always do) becuase I just wanted to say that I don't really dislike them but they are kinda (ok alot) overplayed. It is like hearing the same song over and over and over and over and over and over............... (get the point). If they (radio stations) did not do that so much I would probably like them more.

I think a lot of U2 fans have the impression that Creed is a cheap U2 knock-off. Actually, I don't see them trying to imitate U2 so much as they are trying to imitate Pearl Jam. But whoever they are trying to imitate, their music is very bland and boring. I get the impression they are trying to be "deep," but their lyrics are laughably simplistic and cliched, especially compared to Bono's and Eddie Vedder's.

i dont bash them for the sake of bashing as i think some people think u2 fans may do.

it just comes down to the fact that scott stapp does ridiculously embarrassing hand gestures in their videos!!!!
he's fun to watch actually.
classic stuff.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL UNINFORMED JACKASSES!!!11!1!!!
DIE DIE DIE PIG DIE!~!!!

Scott has an amazing ability to show power and heartfelt emotion with his poses and raising hands toward heaven...their live show is a direct connection to heaven, just like Def Leppard was, Creed IS. You all obviously don't understand the depth of their music and lyrics, just goes over your heads and out your ass. JUst like when Tremonti said that Vedder wishes he could write as good of lyrics as Scott, so does Bono. Seriously, if you all want to hear the future of what music should be, then look no further. The amazing interplay of technical mastery and emotional overload is akin to downloading pure ecstasy on a T3. Anytime they set foot on stage, you can see Tremonti's guitar begging for mercy, Phillips' drums are pummeled into submission and Stapp just dominates the mic. If you don't see the fire within the band, then your name is Ray Charles. If you don't think that you're interested in Creed's music but are curious about it here are a few albums I can recommend for you to warm up to before listening to a Creed album:
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Winger - In The Heart Of The Young
Faster Pussycat - Whipped

(TAKE TAHT MOTHERBITCHES!!!1!!!1!!)

Why does Creed suck ... well, it's very simple:

Scott Stapp is a pompous ass.

The lyrics are trite.

They have not yet done anything to make me think that they don't suck.

Back
Top Bottom