Whose voice do you HATE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All moany girls like Britney, Christina, Shakira, Mariah, J-Lo and Whitney, the boy bands, and all rap and rock rap like Limp Bizkit. I can't stand the sound of the voices of Dave Matthews, Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin, Eddie Vedder, Gilbert Gottfried, Uncle Cracker, Chris Tucker, Fran Drescher, and any recording that goes: "your call is important to us. All of our customer service reps are currently helping others, please stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order in which it was recieved. Thank you for your patience."

Jewel. That said I kind of like her music.

Simon Le Bon. I'm a bit of a Durannie but man this guy kinda sucks live. I have an mp3 of him doing Rio in 2000 and he sings like me. Badly.

Janice from Friends. ehehehehhe.

I have to admit:

I hate His Bobness voice!
His records are extraodinary...so what?
Still can?t listen to him.And if I was a masochist I would LOVE Scott Stapp.

------------------
beLIEve

Britney Spears
Mariah Carey
Christina Aguilera
Pink
Lil Kim
All pop..
All rap..
All punk..
All country..
Rod Stewart (SORRY! He's WEIRD!)

------------------
This device must accept any Interference received, including Interference that may cause undesired operation.

u2er@u2email.com

I'm not gonna repeat any that have been posted, although I do agree with most.

David Lee Roth
Sammy Hagar
Eddie Vedder/Scott Stapp
Marilyn Manson
That guy from Pantera
Billy Corgan
That guy from Molly Hatchet

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.

Originally posted by Sperber:
I have to admit:

I hate His Bobness voice!
His records are extraodinary...so what?
Still can?t listen to him.And if I was a masochist I would LOVE Scott Stapp.

Ha!!! Did you ever listen to Time Out Of Mind? The record would sound only half as good without THIS voice.

If have to say it's Peter Maffay whom I don't like at all. And This Creed singer. And Eddie Vedder. Oh, and before I forget: Hardly any Metal-Singer deserves the title "singer".

------------------
Take the money and run

I will probably be tarred and feathered for saying this, but I cannot stand Thom Yorke's voice.

Originally posted by speedracer:
I will probably be tarred and feathered for saying this,
OOOHHH, yes!!!
9.gif

------------------
Take the money and run

Originally posted by Don Vito

And Eddie Vedder.

icon9.gif
SAY IT AIN SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon9.gif

Poor, Poor Eddie!
frown.gif
*sniff* *gives her Eddie Vedder poster a hug*
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"

[This message has been edited by DoTheEvolution (edited 04-10-2002).]

Fred "Limp Bizkitz" Durst he just sucks.
Biggie Smalls Mom - if you have seen the behind the music on him......she freaks me out.

I swear my voice sounds great when I have my car stereo up to 28 and am singing WOWY, but it is really terrible and I should be stopped.

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 04-10-2002).]

Bob Dylan - I tried listening to his music and I honestly can't get past his terrible wheezy voice. I guess you either like it or not.

Billy Corgan and later-day Thom Yorke - waaaay too nasal and whiny IMO.

Michael Bolton

Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera and the rest of the over-singing divas who treat vocals as bloody gymnastics.

Scott Stapp

Paul Dempsey ("Something For Kate"'s lead singer) - I've no doubt that his singing has some real honesty behind it, but that doesn't make his voice any more bearable to me.

And although I wouldn't hesitate to say that Bono is my favourite (male) singer, I find some of his 80s banshee wailing and screaming absolutely unbearable (most notably WAR and a few songs off Rattle'n'Hum and JT).

Eddie Vedder, Billy Corgan and Bjork?!!!
What is wrong with you people?!
They are 3 of the most distinctive and original voices of our generation!

I cough and splutter on your poor judgement!

biggrin.gif

Now put me in a shower and get me in a happy mood, and that is not a place you want to be around, kids.
Meanie Billy haters!

------------------
*I am a cowgirl of funk*

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 04-11-2002).]

Why do so many of you not like Rod Stewart's voice?! However, I can understand. You are stupid
biggrin.gif

Well, I hate to say this as I know this will upset an awful lot of people on here, but the majority of American rock bands I absolutely cannot stand. Especially the newer ones such as Nickleback and Creed and Staind and that kind of thing.

Also

Shakira (somebody tell her to pronounce words properly please)
Bjork (on occasion)
Liam Gallagher (on occasion it really grates)
Damon Albarn (when singing live or Mockney)
Celine Dion (on every occasion)

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned any of the Spice Girls, particularly Geri Halliwell. Ugh.

Spice Girls are nothing to write home about in the singing department, but I only find them unremarkable, not grating. It's the distinct voices that are more likely to irritate me.

I forgot to mention Marilyn Manson. I much prefer reading interviews with him rather than listening to his annoying voice.

Back
Top Bottom