Who's your favorite painter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
My grandmother! Her work is represented in the Museum of Modern Art in New York City; The National Museum of Women in the Arts, in Washington DC and the Columbus Museum of Fine Arts. She's studied art in Paris and Japan. I wish I had some digital pictures to share with you guys... :(

:ohmy:

:D How cool!!! :D
:applaud:

I have several since I love various periods from Renaissence to Modernism

by chronologtical..............

Michaelangelo

Tieppelo

Rubens

Monet

Church [Hudson School]

Klee

O'Keefe

:hmm: i'm sure i have a few more................

Yes, LOVE Vans Allsburg childrens books! esp that B&W one & that pic you chose is ONE of my fav from that particualr book, ALONG with the Skipping Stone one!

I love Edvard Munch's work. His use of different mediums in his paintings is just amazing. Emotion just pours out of his best work.

Michelangelo is my favourite Renaissance figure, he was a master at just about everything. There was never anyone like him before, and I doubt there will be anyone like him ever again.

But the art I like looking at most these days isn't necessarily attributed to any single artist... I've grown a real fondness towards ancient Greek vases and sculptures. The Greeks were years ahead of anyone else of their time. No culture, not even the Romans ever surpassed Greek artistic feats. The greatest sculpture of all time to me is the Laokoon Group by three Rhodian artists. That this was made in 100BC is just absolutely amazing.

Some more modern artists I'm fond of are Eldon Dedini, Milt Gross and Frank Miller.

starsgoblue said:
My grandmother! Her work is represented in the Museum of Modern Art in New York City; The National Museum of Women in the Arts, in Washington DC and the Columbus Museum of Fine Arts. She's studied art in Paris and Japan. I wish I had some digital pictures to share with you guys... :(

That's pretty amazing :up: You should track some down.

Clarification to my earlier post...Starry Night is by Vincent Van Gogh...although Monet is still pretty great :wink:

I just recently bought this print and had it framed for my living room.

This artist does some beautiful work.

cherryblossoms.jpg

Monet and Van Gogh.

My grandmother was pretty incredible as well. I should really take pictures of some of the paintings that are up in my family's houses. She loved painting flowers and the ocean.

My all-time favorites are the Renaissance artists: Michelangelo, Botticelli, Raphael, Leonardo.

Also love Matisse, Picasso, Monet.

I would most like to own one of Peter Maxx's portraits of Bono as the Fly.... signed by Bono of course! :drool:

Chagall
Picasso during the "Blue Period"
Toulouse-Lautrec (look beyond his poster work ... )
Degas

I am also a huge fan of photography as an art form:
Richard Avedon (do see his book "The American West")
Henri Cartier-Bresson
Alfred Stieglitz
Julia Margaret Cameron
My sister :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom