Who's Your Daddy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
it would have been great if at the very end after they revelaed the real father and they hugged and everything that they would have had a surprise twist

that they lied and actually none were her real father and he actually died in vietnam

i should be a reality show producer

As horrible as that would be, that really made me laugh out loud!:laugh:

I really can't stand reality shows anymore. I barely watch tv at all it's gotten so bad.

The only reality show I ever liked was The Real World, I used to watch that a lot in college.

Chizip said:
Anyone else think these reality shows are starting to go a little toooo far?

Starting to go too far?

Anywho, yeah, this show does sound stupid. The only "reality" show I've ever gotten into was "American Idol"-at least that can have some humorous moments and stuff. The rest of these kinds of shows are just blah. Don't intend on watching this latest one.

Angela

the fact that its called " whose your daddy?" and what that implies or used to imply-

i picture a scantly clad woman getting spanked and enjoying it while the man asks over and over whose your daddy?

i know.....what your thinking..........

It is sad what television has become. The "reality" shows are just as scripted as sitcoms, only they use amateurs who work for peanuts.

Affiliates have already yanked this show for its tastelessness.

Re: Re: Who's Your Daddy?

Moonlit_Angel said:

Starting to go too far?

Anywho, yeah, this show does sound stupid. The only "reality" show I've ever gotten into was "American Idol"-at least that can have some humorous moments and stuff. The rest of these kinds of shows are just blah. Don't intend on watching this latest one.

Angela

Last year, my sister and I started watching "American Idol" so we could IM each other sarcastic comments about the contestants and judges while we were watching the show :shifty:

"The Amazing Race" is a pretty good reality show . . . or it used to be before this season when they put that Jonathan guy on there :madspit:

deep said:
so did anybody watch the show?

why all the hate?

i gave 90 minutes to it

if anything, it was prolife.

Whether it's prolife or not has nothing to do with it. The show trivializes adoption and turns it into a spectacle for money grubbing individuals.

To take a young woman's seeking her biological father and turn it into a twisted game featuring people pretending to be her father is terrible. The people that participated should be ashamed of themselves.

I didnt watch it, I dont live in the country.

The contestants would know that its a tv show so theres an "ordeal" to get through but if they find out who their father is at the end then it may make it worthwhile. Obviously it does for some people or they wouldnt participate.

deep said:
so did anybody watch the show?

why all the hate?

i gave 90 minutes to it

if anything, it was prolife.

Take what should be a sacred, private moment and make it a contest for cash...nope, nothing wrong with that. :|

What does that say for any kind of future relationship?

I would say the hate probably comes from people getting sick of the greedy attention whores and the money grubbing networks who are too lazy to come up with anything of quality. The end of reality TV can't come too soon for me.

Bono's American Wife said:

Take what should be a sacred, private moment and make it a contest for cash...nope, nothing wrong with that. :|

What does that say for any kind of future relationship?

I would say the hate probably comes from people getting sick of the greedy attention whores and the money grubbing networks who are too lazy to come up with anything of quality. The end of reality TV can't come too soon for me.

there are two adoptions in my family

that may be why i wathed it

there was little exploitation

and a lot of happiness

did anyone else watch it?

i watched it and laughed at all the parts that were supposed to be "touching"

i thought it was really funny when the lying dads revealed themselves and left the show and they would be like, "im so glad i could be a part of this journey for you," and she would be like, "im so glad that you were, thank you so much!"

she is thanking them for constantly lying to her trying to get her to chose the wrong dad?

seems pretty weird to me

i kind of think the whole thing was set up to be way to "feel good"

finally, an informed opinion

Chizip said:
i watched

the guys did not seem to care about the money

both the girl and father had been trying to find each other for years

this program accomplished that for them

they all seemed like decent folk

the dad was 18 and headed for Viet Nam

the 17 year old mom had no options

she gets to meet her 3 half sisters

and on top of all this her mom shows up, too.

i agree

it was a bit hoaky

and touching

they all did seem like decent folk

a little too decent if you ask me

if they were really these great people i wouldnt think theyd want to do this on a reality tv show anyway

i dont know how many really decent people would want to go on a show and lie to somebody about being their dad either

i just had it in the back of my head the whole time that they were all just actors and it was set up to be like a reality show

everything was just too "perfect" for that type of situation

although at the end where they brought out the 3 half sisters the whole hug thing looked a little uncomfortable for the sisters, which is understandable because this is a woman they have never known and all of a sudden she is now their sister

Chizip said:
i thought it was really funny when the lying dads revealed themselves and left the show and they would be like, "im so glad i could be a part of this journey for you," and she would be like, "im so glad that you were, thank you so much!"

It was scenes like that that made me go.. ok.. this is bull crap! I'm willing to bet ALL of them were actors.. including the ditz.

Back
Top Bottom