Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sicy, any ideas on why my reply boxes are blue? I am kinda used to it now, but it's curious. I still don't like the glaring white around it :yuck:

Oh Sicy, any ideas on why my reply boxes are blue? I am kinda used to it now, but it's curious. I still don't like the glaring white around it :yuck:

I dont know, I have an email in to the gang. They are sleeping now. May know in the morning, though I have a funny feeling its just you....

I dont know, I have an email in to the gang. They are sleeping now. May know in the morning, though I have a funny feeling its just you....

Odd. Do you think the white box will be filled in? Maybe that change will fix my blue box. Anyway, if it stays like this and it's just me I will have to disable some of my extensions and see if that fixes it, when I have time. Or maybe restarting firefox would do it, I haven't done that. But not quite time now.

Though I am currently frustrated with the "go to unread post" button that keeps sending me to the previous page of this thread.

Which button is this? All I see is the 'go to last post' button next to the username of the person who last replied in a thread. Although, I am pretty tired so my brain could just be fried and I'm blind.

Which button is this? All I see is the 'go to last post' button next to the username of the person who last replied in a thread. Although, I am pretty tired so my brain could just be fried and I'm blind.

Oh it's the down icon right before the thread title, actually it's called "go to first new post" and it keeps bringing me to page 10 as we keep getting new posts. So it's kinda useless, I might as well click "last page."

Oh it's the down icon right before the thread title, actually it's called "go to first new post" and it keeps bringing me to page 10 as we keep getting new posts. So it's kinda useless, I might as well click "last page."

Oh I see. Hmm I think it just worked for me in another thread. It brought me to the first post that I had not read yet.

So it is gonna change? yay. I will just have to train my eyes to the new timestamp location and it'll be all good.

I think Jeff can change the space around the quick reply and reply box to blue. I've made a note to them about it.

Time for me to... :yawn:

BTW the text entry box for my notes is perfectly white.

oooh you know what would be good that I thought of when I just went into the UserCP? Especially now that all the links are gone from the top right, it would be cool if the UserCP link had a drop down arrow like the quick links does, so you could go directly to edit your profile or see PMs or your notepad or whatnot.

Oh I see. Hmm I think it just worked for me in another thread. It brought me to the first post that I had not read yet.

I think Jeff can change the space around the quick reply and reply box to blue. I've made a note to them about it.

Time for me to... :yawn:

Yeah it is working inconsistently for me. Maybe it's something with my cache, who knows.

:up: goodnight

I've found a similar problem with other forums that use the same software. It sometimes doesn't seem to realise that the posts have been read.

I don't know why i quoted Sicy for this, it wasn't really the right one to reply to.

OK, am I just going blind, or is there now nowhere within the thread that tells me the total posts? I used to look up the top while I was catching up to see how many total posts there were, and thus know if anything new had been posted while I was reading old pages. Now, all I see is Page X of Y, but no total post count for the thread anywhere.

I also miss the little box that let you skip to a particular page. Now you have to jump around, though I do welcome having more of a selection than just the last three pages.

Indiana Jones was SO good. Like maybe for about 15 minutes I was put off by how old Harrison Ford was, but then I completely forgot. I'm still blown away. I haven't left a movie feeling like something magical just happened in a LONG LONG time.

Ax, firstly, look right above every post. Same bar as where the time posted is.

That's not what I mean. That just tells me what number post it is in the thread; it doesn't even say 15/371, just #15. I want "total posts: 371" or whatever.

So when I'm on page 11, I see it's 371 posts. Then when I advance to page 12, it's gone up to 374, so I know somebody's posted and I come to the last page - even though the total of pages hasn't changed. Now the only way I know if anybody else is around while I'm catching up is if there are enough posts to create a new page (which, for me, fortunately is only a maximum of ten).

Second, to the very right of the page numbers is a little arrow pointing down. Click on it.

Cool, thanks, I didn't spot that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom