Who will play against the Yankees in the World Series this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafmed

Refugee
Of course we all agree the Yankees will be there....

who will play agianst them?

My pick is the Cardinals

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

The Braves?? Not that I favor them but I can see them in the fall classic. I think the NL West is too f-up of a league to get past the NLCS. I rather have St. Luis go. But I hope the Yankees win nontheless. (aint Mattingly a bench coach for the Yanks this year? That guy deserves to get a ring).

I'm an LA Dodger fan - thus I already gave up hope on any local post-season dreams. They're rebuilding the whole team this year and have already placed third in the divison. I would have better luck rooting for the Angels this year. Good thing I'm playing fantasy baseball otherwise I wouldnt really have any interest into who wins this year.

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
Mets vs. Red Sox

Tell Bill to get his glove down...

1986_ws.jpg

AUBUCKWIL8P.JPG

buckner.gif

[This message has been edited by Clark W. Griswold, Jr (edited 03-28-2002).]

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
The Yanks wont make it this year - half their team is gone - it's anyone's season.

Raging, do you get ESPN at "Your Happy Place"? I don't like them either, but the fact is--They're loaded!!!!

I would love to see a Yankees-Cardinals World Series. And I would especially love seeing Tino Martinez hit the home run that would win that Series for the Cardinals!!!

No Tino, no Paul O'Neill, no YES Network for us Cablevision subscribers yet...I'm not as excited as I should be about baseball season in general, and my Yankees in particular...

Oh, tho$e Yankee$. We'll see what they can do, though there isn't much threat to them in the AL East unless Pedro and Nomar return to form. otherwise, it could be another long season in Beantown.

The NL is really a toss-up. The Braves have a much improved offense this year, and the Cubs also have a good mix of pitching and offense. I'm not sure who can pull it out, but it'll probably come down to a few mid-season acquisitions.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by brettig:
Bayern Munich!

Er...you may be into something there bret
smile.gif

Speaking of tho$e Yankee$, well I think their pitching is upgraded, the bullpen got some help, and the core of the field players remain, if anything, they may even be more hungry this year, and, in the end if they need one or 2 more players they will get them in the midseason, sorry rest of the American League.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

To all bosox fans, just 3 words....

THE BAMBINO CURSE!

rutb045.jpg

------------------

Would be harsh to post this pic 26 times, just mutiply the image.
333%3A948723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E876%3E437%3Ewsnrcg%
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by rafmed (edited 04-01-2002).]

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
The Yanks wont make it this year - half their team is gone - it's anyone's season.

Yes some players are gone...
Tino martinez gone...Jason Giambi in.
Paul O'neill gone...Rondell White in.
Scott Brosius gone...Robin "Ace" Ventura in.
Chuck "duck in the box seats" Knoblauch gone...John Vanderwal in.
Also gone is David "I miss Halle" Justice, also arriving, David "tummy" Wells and Steve Karsay.
The Yanks reloaded, and have a much stronger lineup than last year.
And I'm a Red Sox fan...I hate the Yanks as much as anyone, but they are loaded at every position...of course that doesn't mean they'll win...ask the St. Louis Rams.

Rocket looked good today.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Blue Jays vs Expos!!!!!!! Yeahh!!!

Actually does Montreal still even have a team?!? haha, shows how much I follow it, allow me to revise:

Yankees vs Blue Jays!!!!!!!

1992 & 1933 were excellent seasons to be a Blue Jays fan. I'll never forget how awesome it was for me as a young fan to experience them.

1933?? wow, you were a young fan in '92 AND '33?

What's your secret?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 04-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom