Who thinks weddings are corny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I chucked the rule book in the trash when I got married.

We knew each other 5 months, which is not something I'd recommend to anyone, but it's not something I'd ever regret even though people had their bets going. ;)

We eloped in Las Vegas, a justice of the peace did it in a small room at the courthouse on Christmas Day.

We don't have any pictures, not one. It sort of bothered me at the time, but it doesn't really bother me now. We have plenty of pictures from before, and we have plenty of pictures now, and we'll have plenty more as we move through this lifetime. An unrecorded memory that only my husband and I will take to our graves. Our day, our memory, our perspective.

It was the most beautiful day of my life. Without the pomp and circumstance, without the relatives hanging over you, without the worry of everything that can go wrong - the only thing I could focus on was the tender look in my husband's eyes and the feeling of absolution. It was the kind of day I wanted, and one of those seldom times where everything in a day went perfectly right.

That was almost 11 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom