Who the HELL is this song by and what is it called?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
I was searching for the song "Amnesiac" by Radiohead and came across this song. No idea what it is, or what language it is, or who it's by.

But I know for sure that it's definitely NOT Radiohead. So does anyone know?

Cause I like it.

If anyone wants to take a stab at it, I'll e-mail it to you cause I can't attach it and I don't know anywhere to host an mp3.

I'll give it a try.

playthebluesedge at yahoo dot com

I'm thinking it might be Sigur Ros, but I've never heard anything by them so I can't be sure.

I'm sending the song to all of you right now. Thanks everyone!

Nah. I listen to Pink Floyd so 8 minutes is nothing. :wink:

Take a listen to Echoes (23 minutes) or Shine on You crazy Diamond (24 minutes)...then get back to me. :D

i've never managed to get through those songs...i usually get bored around the 4 minute mark...

:shrug: Don't have any idea. It's a pretty good song though. Anybody ever figure it out for sure?

I haven't heard the mp3 yet. But according to the All Music Guide, Sigur Ros > Ágætis Byrjun > Ný Batterí clocks at 8:10

So has this mp3 been confirmed?

No, it hasn't been confirmed yet. I have three more people to send it to, so I'll do that when I get home (I'm at school now).

Seriously, it should be completely obvious if it's Sigur Ros, which makes me seriously doubt that it is. Unless the guy is singing in Icelandic/hopelandic, it's not Sigur Ros. It's that easy.

The 2 bands dont really even make similar kinds of music, so it's not going to be that hard to differentiate between them. Sigur Ros = post rock from Iceland, Radiohead = alternative/experimental/rock/indie electronic from England.

Back
Top Bottom