Who should be the next James Bond?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LONDON (Reuters) - Bookmakers have halved the odds on Clive Owen becoming the next James Bond after he won a Golden Globe award for his role in the sex drama "Closer."

Bookmaker William Hill also made Owen 6-4 favourite to land the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for Closer at next month's Hollywood ceremony.

"Since winning the Golden Globe, we have had a succession of calls from punters who think he would make an excellent Bond," said a spokesman on Tuesday.

Owen is now priced at 4-1 from 8-1.

But "Van Helsing" actor Hugh Jackman is still 2-1 favourite to take over from Pierce Brosnan and land the coveted role of the world's most famous spy. Second favourite at 7-2 is Ewan McGregor.

Hugh Jackman.. He's a great actor, im sure he can do James Bond. My other choices are Ioan Gruffud Jude Law and Ewan McGregor. I don't like Colin Farell as a bond, as well as Gerard Butler and Clive Owen.

Palace_Hero said:
Does it matter? With writing like the last 3 Bond movies, whoever plays the part would be doing so in an exceptionally bad movie.

Ewan McGregor would be my choice, however.

It certainly does matter. To Bond purists, at least. Christ, that sounds wanky. Sorry, but that's how it goes. These movies are a theme, a cult, a group, not to be looked at wholly as specific individual movies. There cannot be an American Bond. It would be a travesty. He must be British, or nothing at all.

Angela Harlem said:

It certainly does matter. To Bond purists, at least. Christ, that sounds wanky. Sorry, but that's how it goes. These movies are a theme, a cult, a group, not to be looked at wholly as specific individual movies. There cannot be an American Bond. It would be a travesty. He must be British, or nothing at all.

I don't think it matters at all if the movies continue to be such pathetic nonsense.

I love a good Bond, but I'm not so much of an idiot to be a fan of the crap they make now.

Hayden Christensen for Bond, he'll make the writing look good next to the acting atleast..

As long as the actor is hot and has a posh accent and a tarty look to him!!! BOND HE CAN BE!!!:drool:

Brosnan is a great Bond, but the movies after Goldeneye have been shit. Here's hoping that whoever inherits the role at least gets a chance to do one decent Bond movie.

Since no-one else has mentioned him (or I missed it :p), how about Julian McMahon - appeared in Charmed and Nip/Tuck.

Zihua said:
Brosnan is a great Bond, but the movies after Goldeneye have been shit. Here's hoping that whoever inherits the role at least gets a chance to do one decent Bond movie.

Since no-one else has mentioned him (or I missed it :p), how about Julian McMahon - appeared in Charmed and Nip/Tuck.

Wow, Charmed and Nip/Tuck. What an incredible CV.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom