Who should be the next James Bond?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AvsGirl41 said:

Ha ha, he's the best thing about Tomb Raider. I recall walking out of the theatre saying "Wow, that guy was so hot. I'd have so done more after handcuffing him!"

I need to see Reign of Fire and Timeline too. I can assure you that Dracula 2000 is actually worth the rental fee as far as entertainment *and* Gerry Butler goes. :sexywink: (That's the movie Joel Schumacher saw and literally fell in love with him...)

if you haven't already you must check out my "bachelor #1" thread because it has several *nice* pictures of gerard. :drool:

PS-it's in PLEBAns.

TheBrazilianFly said:
Hugh Jackman would be the best choice in my opinion. He's got the charm, the charisma and the accent.

I think he's hot, but a bit too, I dunno, gruff, for this role? I imagine a guy a little bit more slender (sinewy).

U2democrat said:

if you haven't already you must check out my "bachelor #1" thread because it has several *nice* pictures of gerard. :drool:

PS-it's in PLEBAns.

Will do. Thanks for the heads-up. :wink:

He's my computer wallpaper at the moment, but I'm not thrilled with the picture, maybe I can download some new ones. :heart:

Last edited:
Wasn't there rumors going around that Orlando Bloom was being considered for the role? I know it made me a little sick when I heard it.

I would pick Clive Owen. I wish it could be Sean Bean (but he was the main villian in Goldeneye). I think they should pick a lesser known actor. I wouldn't mind Ewan McGregor :cute:.

Give Bond a darker edge.

Christian Bale, make it so.

23540670.jpg

On www.ajb007.co.uk there's a guy who works on the production of Bond movies and he says that Michael and Barbara are testing James Purefoy. He's the one NOW with more chances.

My vote would be for Gerard Butler. I'm a huge Bond fan since Moonraker and i must say that Butler has all the right ingredients. The guy from Nip Tuck would also be a good choice.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Gavin Rossdale as James Bond.

I must ask Angela Harlem what she thinks of that suggestion.

:drool:

This pains me to say, but he'd be a terrible Bond. It's actually been suggested numerous times before, but as his little forays into the acting world show...he can't really act...And he'd have to cut his locks and stop smoking the weed for a couple of months...:sigh:

Brosnan wasn't exactly the one behind the decision to not be cast anymore either. Seems someone higher has higher ideas...Maybe Broccoli and Gavin have been hitting the bong together.

But definitely no Aussie, no Yank and none of the people suggested so far. Sorry U2dem lol. We need suave. Debonair. Sophistated. Sleek. Charming. Clipped. Wry. Built. The old chocolate box goodlooks.

Who's the really tall turd who played the arse in Bridget Jones? If he can stop being so wooden, he would at least look the part. Whoever is cast needs to be auditioned in a tux. There's no avoiding this. Looks are everything in a Bond. It's such a package.

This thread is almost making me cry!
:scream:

Slapnutz said:
Give Bond a darker edge.

Christian Bale, make it so.

american psycho as bond? no way!

that being said, i can't think of anyone to suggest. i'll just be over here in the corner mourning that the sexy sexy pierce brosnan was given the boot...

BrownEyedBoy said:
Ruper Everett maybe?

A few years ago, he was talking about doing a gay James Bond spoof, as alot of people wanted him for the suit, but he wasn't really interested. I thought that sounded like a really funny idea.

Sadly, he seems to have forgotten that, and concentrated on face lifts instead. :yikes:

Renne said:

american psycho as bond? no way!

that being said, i can't think of anyone to suggest. i'll just be over here in the corner mourning that the sexy sexy pierce brosnan was given the boot...

You do realise he isn't actually Patrick Bateman. He is, you know, an actor.

Anyway, Bale as Bond will never happen. He allegedly turned down the role in late 2003 in favour of donning the cowl in Chris Nolan's Batman Begins.

ya know colin farrell is hot and a womanizer and ready for action
but i think the people who make the bond movies want their men to be super refined and debonair and colin just aint that.

hes a great actor ...didnt he turn the bond role down already though?

that gerard butler guy does have a bondesque quality

Angela Harlem said:

We need suave. Debonair. Sophistated. Sleek. Charming. Clipped. Wry.

Ladies and gentleman I present to you Mr Mick Jagger.

Ah go on.
No really.
Apparently he was in some band and I'll admit he's getting a bit old but I don't see why this should stand in his way.
Plus he's actually British.

Back
Top Bottom