Who should be the next James Bond?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My pick is Gerard Butler. Not just because i've been completely obsessed with him lately, but he really does fit the bill.

He has already been in a Bond film.

Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) .... Leading Seaman - HMS Devonshire

Horatio Hornblower!

Ultraviolet Light said:
Pierce Brosnan. *pouts*
But since that's not going to happen...

:yes: The names I've heard most are Owen and Ioan Gruffudd, about whom I know nothing other than the fact that he's Welsh and his name is very hard for me to spell.

IoanGruffudd.JPG

:drool: Ioan is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I heard Hugh Jackman is floating around.........but Pierce Brosnan is perfect!!!:bono: (......but Sean Connery is the best)

either Colin Farrel or Ewan McGregor

but between those 2, Farrel... he's more of a bad boy.... more Bond

:|

Ooohh, I like Hugh Jackman... The man's a hoot!

I thought the whole point of the Bourne movies was to eventually replace James Bond.

Lazenby was rightly considered the worst Bond ever... and he almost jeaopardized the entire Bond franchise. No no... Australians make incredible actors, as do Americans... but it MUST be a British Bond.

Gruffudd is charming and handsome enough, I reckon - and he's not too pretty either, though he may be a tad too 'spindly'. The problem with Farrell is that he's too much of the 'a bit of rough' school... and hence too course for Bond. Jackman 'would' be cool, but for him being Australian. Plus, I do think he's a bit 'too' wild, given his Wolverine side.

Ioan Gruffudd wont get it though, becuase his name works against him (his name is pronounced John Griffith, however), so my next choice would be Gerard Butler. I think he's quite cool... but can he pull off the Bond wit?

Ant.

Hugh Jackman would be the best choice in my opinion. He's got the charm, the charisma and the accent. The only problem is that I think he might be a bit too young. Too bad Pierce Broasnan is leaving, is he going to do at least another one?

Ioan Gruffudd has always been my first pick (It's actually pronounced Yo-wan Griffith, which is the Welsh version of John) especially as his career has failed to hit mainstream and he's desperate to go Hollywood. I think he should fire his agent--he's a classically trained singer and somehow missed the boat on Phantom (I always imagined he'd be a good Raoul!). And he has perfect elf cheekbones and somehow managed *not* to be cast in LOTR. (Orlando Bloom has stolen his career big time--check out "Black Hawk Down" and see who's more memorable!). I'm disappointed in his post-Hornblower career choices (Fantastic Four?) and would love him to win back my affections as Bond.

My second pick would be Clive Owen because he has the cold, ruthless quality Bond needs to go back to.

I lust after both Hugh Jackman and Gerard Butler and would love to see either of them as Bond, but I would hate to see them stuck in the role. I fear their careers would languish. So I hereby remove them from my running and hope to see them in more shirt-ripping sexy roles. :)

AvsGirl41 said:

I lust after both Hugh Jackman and Gerard Butler and would love to see either of them as Bond, but I would hate to see them stuck in the role. I fear their careers would languish. So I hereby remove them from my running and hope to see them in more shirt-ripping sexy roles. :)

this is true. i don't want gerard to be.....ahem......tied down to one role. and yes............shirt ripping sexy roles would be *very nice* for gerard. :drool:

U2democrat said:

this is true. i don't want gerard to be.....ahem......tied down to one role. and yes............shirt ripping sexy roles would be *very nice* for gerard. :drool:

Too bad there's not more musicals...unless they make Moulin Bleu some day. :laugh:

You need to go rent Dracula 2000 now, if you haven't already. :drool:

i haven't. one weekend i need to rent dracula 2000, reign of fire (i've only seen the first half or so), timeline, and the 2nd tomb raider movie. i don't care how bad they are i just need to see them! :drool:

U2democrat said:
i haven't. one weekend i need to rent dracula 2000, reign of fire (i've only seen the first half or so), timeline, and the 2nd tomb raider movie. i don't care how bad they are i just need to see them! :drool:

Ha ha, he's the best thing about Tomb Raider. I recall walking out of the theatre saying "Wow, that guy was so hot. I'd have so done more after handcuffing him!"

I need to see Reign of Fire and Timeline too. I can assure you that Dracula 2000 is actually worth the rental fee as far as entertainment *and* Gerry Butler goes. :sexywink: (That's the movie Joel Schumacher saw and literally fell in love with him...)

Last edited:
I certainly CANNOT see it being Colin Farrel or Clive Owen.
To me, neither has anything special about them. Even Hugh Grant would be better, though not ideal. Being Scottish, personally it would be good if it were to be a fellow Scot once again!
I haven't seen Phantom of the opera so i'm not familiar at all with this Gerard guy, but it would be great if he were right for the role.

Back
Top Bottom