Who or what inspired your screenname/handle/id, or whatever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Lilly:
Can we just observe a moment of silence for that station? *silence* Drive is not nearly as good as old zone...*sigh*

I went to see Ruby Horse and Dishwalla last night (Dishwalla sucks). I spoke to the folks from Drive105 and told them "I am internationally known as 'Zonelistener'!" After they were done picking themselves up off of the floor - I asked them how I can influence the playlist - and they said call the program director - Jeff (Oddly enough). Call going in shortly. You can't complain too much about Drive, they play U2 ever two hours!

um.....

IT was my favouite song at the time...and still is one of my favs. Why the stupid underscores? B/c I felt "The Sweetest Thing" would have been taken. Conicidentally, it wasn't, and I now own the rights to it, but can't bring myself to give up this handle.

I wanted to be Wild Irish Rose, but I'm not IRish, and felt that was too misleading of me....

jezebel was one of the coolest kitties to ever live.....sassy fearless calico momma kittie of the desert....

RIP jezebel, I still miss you
frown.gif

This Inspired me!
eek.gif

macphisto3.jpg

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Everyone I know says the word Raven just describes me. I added the Star because I shine like a burning star! (not really, I just like stars)

------------------
T? m? ?seal.
T? m? ard.
T? m? tana?.
T? m? ramhar.
T? m? bean.

Originally posted by daisybean:
BWAHAHHAHA

Sorry Arun... I know I shouldn't laugh but it is funny....

Yeah...Bono gave it to him...IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!!!HAHAHAHHAHA!
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Yeah...Bono gave it to him...IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!!!HAHAHAHHAHA!
eek.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Wow look!!!!!!!

It's Hal Frockstar!!!!!

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Wow look!!!!!!!

It's Hal Frockstar!!!!!

------------------
-Albert Einstein

This show was what originated my name:

newlogo2.gif

...and this character inspired my name (this is the 4th Doctor in the series):

st--5r36.jpg

...another pic:

dr4_9.jpg

...and this last pic from "The Simpsons":

simpwho.jpg

In my lifetime, I've had many little hobbies, but only two large hobbies: Doctor Who and U2. Often I use things like "doctoru2" or "docu2" on the 'net as a reflection of my two hobbies (for example, my e-mail is "doctoru2@yahoo.com"). However, I decided to go with "Doctor Who" on Interference. I figured this is a nice way to honor my first major hobby while I post on a boardroom to discuss my second major hobby.

"Doctor Who" is a BBC show that was on for over 25 years. I became a fan in the early 80's. The show revolves around a "time lord" - a person from another planet that can live 2000 years or longer. The people on this planet have mastered the travel of time and space. As a result, they are often attacked by other creatures wanting those powers. So this race of "time lords" have shielded their planet making it impenetrable. The time lords also saw how these powers (of space and time travel) could alter the universe (any change done at any given time can effect any given civilization). So they became watchers of the universe, refusing to interfere. The result was a rather boring lifestyle. The character known as "the Doctor" escaped this life by stealing a T.A.R.D.I.S. - a device that the time lords use to travel through space and time. He came across earth and enjoyed it, thus spending many episodes there. Of course, this was really done for the sake of making the show cheaper. Why build a fake alien world when the outside world will do just fine?

The show was about the Doctor's adventures on earth and throughout the universe. It was a children's show, but many adults enjoyed it as well. It gained quite a bit of popularity in the early 80's on various PBS stations around the U.S.

Anyway, now you know what "Doctor Who" and a "TARDIS" are.

By the way, this is what the TARDIS looks like from the outside:
tardis2.jpg

and the inside:
enter1.gif

Yes, it is larger - MUCH larger (as that room goes into many other rooms) - on the inside as compared to the outside. That was one of the many items the time lords discovered - how to "twist" space to create these alternate dimensions within the TARDIS.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-12-2002).]

AHHHHH!

I've been meaning to ask what "tardis" was, doctorwho. Thanks for explaining.

mmmmm KFC....I'm hungry now
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Wow look!!!!!!!

It's Hal Frockstar!!!!!

That's funny because I now use that name as a pseudonym whenever I get a chance

variant spelling

Hal Frockstahr

Back
Top Bottom