Who is KINGS OF LEON?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like 'em. A really lame way of categorizing them would be by refering to them as "the southern-fried version of the Strokes".

Mr. BAW said:
Who do we kick in the nuts for that??? how about Keane? or similar sorts?????????????? :eek:uch:

i'm really glad keane wasn't the opener.

:|

i saw them open for the strokes and they are pretty good. they will prbably sound a bit odd playing in such big venues....at least that's what i thought when i saw them and the strokes weren't playing arenas half the size of the ones U2 are playing

the closest band i can think of that they have a sound VAUGLEY (and i use that term quite loosely) similar to is CCR. that sort of southern country rock sorta deal. well at least that's what their first record sounds like...i haven't heard their new stuff yet.

I still really am trying to get into their stuff...but i'm finding it difficult! I'd much prefer to see Snow Patrol, and hopefully will if Bono has his way!:wink:

shrmn8rpoptart said:
what are some decent songs of theirs to check out so i can start getting to know them?

Red Morning Light is a fun tune. I also enjoy Joe's Head.

Sweet Tart said:
the closest band i can think of that they have a sound VAUGLEY (and i use that term quite loosely) similar to is CCR. that sort of southern country rock sorta deal.
about as loose as a 90 yr old hooker

John Fogherty would probably commit suicide if people started to say that about this band!

There's a LOT of great southern rock...from the two songs I heard on their site, this ain't it.

Isn't it great that the Scissor Sisters are opening for U2?

Oh, no? Well then at least Snow Patrol...

Oh not SP either? Well I guess the Killers are pretty good...

Orrrrrr Kings of Leon. Right. That's what I was thinking, too.

jeffD

show your soul

I can usually understand why some people might like a band I really am not a fan of (e.g Franz Ferdinand, Keane). However sometimes a band comes along that I think are so bad that I cannnot comprehend why anyone would want to listen to them. Kings of Leon are one of these bands.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
So glad to see people bumping up old threads with postive motives. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what's the deal with that? It's like people just come to this section to find threads about bands they dislike so they can attack their fans and tell us all how much they hate them.

What a great way to use your time....

Back
Top Bottom