Who here does not own an iPod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:laugh: ok so is the 4th generation $400?

The 20 Gig is $299.
The U2 20 Gig is $349. You are paying $50 more for nothing except the black/red colour.
The 40 Gig is $399.

I don't. I only listen to music at my computer and in my car. I don't drive much, so I decided it wasn't worth it. If I was an excercise buff or away from my computer a lot more or something I'd probably get one though.

I dont plan on ever owning one. I'd use my daughter as an excuse (who just acquired her 4th Elmo doll today :rolleyes: ), but trueth is, technology scares me and I still dont see the point at all. I have a discman, I have a stereo, I have a cd player in my car...where on earth would I need access to 5000 songs in one given time period?

Not justifiable, like having numerous Elmos, enough to start your own Elmo colony really. But she has huge brown eyes...I know I cant say no.

:weakninja:

anitram said:
The U2 20 Gig is $349. You are paying $50 more for nothing except the black/red colour.

You also get a U2 poster (albeit pre-folded), engraved signatures on the back, and, most importantly, a $50 off coupon for the Complete U2 digital box set. So if you're planning to get the Complete U2 anyway, it really is a decent deal. By the way, it's stunning in black and red. Get one. :)

For those on a budget there's the iPod mini for $249. However, I'd wait until the 11th of January to shop for one because Apple may be announcing the next generation of iPod minis at that time. It's rumored to have expanded capacity, but no indication of price. There may also be smaller capacity flash-based iPods coming in January for as low as $100. They may not be big enough to hold the Complete U2 tracks though.

I don't own one. I've got this other mp3 player that I received as a gift, so I don't see the point of buying an I-pod as well.

I don't

I'm hoping that they will go down in price soon. I want to take one to Spain with me. I can't go without my music for a year and I couldn't bring all my cd's with me, it would be much easier to have it all in in something like an ipod.

My Dad: I hope you're not planning on taking that music colllection with you because you'll never cart that much onto a plane and I'm not buying you 400 hundred suitcases to put them in either. How much are those ipods?

Me: Ehm....well about £200

Dad: :censored: off.

yyoo said:

You also get a U2 poster (albeit pre-folded), engraved signatures on the back, and, most importantly, a $50 off coupon for the Complete U2 digital box set. So if you're planning to get the Complete U2 anyway, it really is a decent deal. By the way, it's stunning in black and red. Get one. :)

I have enough posters (just got a new one about 5 feet long, will have to go up on the ceiling now), I still think the colors are :barf: , and last year I spent a week making my own U2 digital music library so I'd rather die than spend over $100 buying exactly what I already have.

i don't like headphones that much , plus i don't need 1000's of songs in my pocket , plus the thing is expensive and will be dated in 7 to 8 months , clumsy apple sauce , poor mp3 quality ,

:madspit: :lol: :rant:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I have enough posters (just got a new one about 5 feet long, will have to go up on the ceiling now), I still think the colors are :barf: , and last year I spent a week making my own U2 digital music library so I'd rather die than spend over $100 buying exactly what I already have.

Pretty much :up:

Most of the diehards don't need the Complete U2 anyway. I had 99% of the stuff, probably, and wouldn't spend my money on it. It takes no time to upload pre-existing CDs or mp3s on an iPod.

It's helpful for new fans, definitely.

yyoo said:

Seen one in person? Pictures don't do it justice. :yes:

I don't really like anything black, especially with electronics. And I'd never spend $400 on something I have no use for, b/c I like how it looks. :shrug:

i don't have one. I can't afford it, and even if i could i could probably think of lots of things that i would rather have for that amount of money.

I was exceedingly lucky, and Santa brought me the new 40GB iPod Photo for Xmas. It's incredible. Think about it, you're walking around with 10,000 songs to choose from instantly with such ease. I did want one, but it wasn't a desperate thing, just a 'later' and I was going to just get a standard 20GB one. But now, I'm completely hooked. I'm in love. This thing also holds 25,000 photos and has a bunch of associated bells and whistles.
It's going to take me a month to load all my music onto it though.

At $500+ Australian dollars, it isn't going to be in my hot little hands for a loooonnnnnnggggg time.:(

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I don't really like anything black, especially with electronics. And I'd never spend $400 on something I have no use for, b/c I like how it looks. :shrug:

i know you were trying that thing to get a free ipod, did that ever work?

Chizip said:

i know you were trying that thing to get a free ipod, did that ever work?

I'm waiting for my friend to get his before I put any effort into getting one for myself. I think he has all of the offers completed and is just waiting for verification and shipment of the iPod, but I'm going to wait and see if he gets screwed.

A friend of mine, a very casual U2 fan (i.e., likes the hits and thinks Larry is hot) got the U2 ipod for Christmas from his parents. :mad: What were they thinking? He needs to give the damn thing to me. I need one. I spend half my life on airplanes. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom