Who have you seen live and who do you want to see...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geez. I've barely seen anyone.

U2 (3x)
Cake
PJ Harvey
No Doubt
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
More than a few local bands
In about two and a half weeks I'll see Metallica (all reports are that they're going light on the new album this tour...which is fine by me)

I know, I really need to catch more concerts. Working nights sucks for catching concerts though.

Want to see:
Radiohead
Bruce Springsteen
White Stripes
Wilco
Pearl Jam
Coldplay
REM
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Audioslave
Tori Amos
Norah Jones
Ryan Adams
Dave Matthews Band
Calexico
Tool
Eric Clapton
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Mark Knopfler
David Gray

and many many more...

The list of who I've seen is quite long and extensive, but basically I take the opportunity to see a band I like cause you never know if you will have the opportunity again (Case in point, saw Nirvana Nov. 1993, 6 months later, blammo.)

So as for those I've not seen but want to see, its mostly acts who were no longer touring by the time I was in my teens, The Doors, Hendrix, Beatles, etc.
The one band I missed due to only a scheduling conflict that I regret missing was Alice in Chains back in the early 90's, who obviously I won't be seeing.

My want to see list will be very small after this year,..

With Concerts of Daniel Lanois, Living Color, The Mission, Theraphy? and killing joke later this year my list will have 3 names on it,..

The Wonderstuff
A flock of seagulls
Silverchair,.....

cont'd.....some of the local bands I've seen

The Angels
Midnight Oil*
The Radiators*
Hush
Daddy Cool
Tommy Emmanuel
Icehouse
Cold Chisel*
Spy vs Spy
Dave Hole
Australian Crawl
Richard Clapton
The Church
The Divinyls
Thirty Odd Foot of Grunt:)
The Hoodoo Gurus
Yothu Yindi
Split Enz
Paul Kelly
Tiddas
Slava Grigoryan
The Queensland Youth Orchestra( they performed Peter& The Wolf with Rolf Harris as narrator..save the children:up)
The Australian Youth Orchestra

*bands hub worked with AAA :)

I think I'll try to go to the Big Day Out this year. Metallica are headlining.

DaveC said:

Hey, he's in Halifax tonight (my hometown)!!! That must mean that you're in/from Halifax!!!!!!!! w00t w00t!!! :D

yup that's right.

leavin in about an hour to start the pre-show drink fest.

Well, not to brag, but I lived in NYC for 15 years and went to several concerts a month, sometimes several a week, not to mention that I'm old, so I've seen like everybody.:p

Radiohead and Beck are pretty much my only big loves I haven't seen, except for some of (ahem, most of the newer bands/artists who've become popular since I left NYC and moved to the desert where I have to leave the state to go to a concert.

i'd like to mention one thing. there is one band/singer that i missed...and i'd give anything to see him live. that would be, of course, jeff buckley. unfortunately, he died when i was 11 years old. what i wouldn't give...

Goo Goo Dolls and the Wallflowers (or Gin Blossoms.. can't remember)
U2 (eight times)
Meat Loaf (three times)
Willie Nelson
Garbage
Prince (twice)
Area:One (Incubus, the Roots, Outkast, Nelly Furtado, Moby)
Area:Two (Ash, Busta Rhymes, David Bowie, Blue Man Group, Moby)
Cher
Coldplay
Counting Crows
The Flaming Lips
BB King
Beck (twice)
White Stripes

Hopefully seeing Wilco soon, too, and Radiohead next month :hyper:

Last edited:
i've seen:

The Corrs
Matchbox Twenty (2x...have tickets to show on 25th, and if win an action on ebay 26th, so it could be 4)
John Farnhem (who?? :)) (i was about 6 or 7 when i saw him first)

Wants to See:
U2
U2
U2
U2 and
U2

I've noticed that most of us have seen as many crappy bands as good bands.....I'm no different.

Seen:

U2
Weezer x2
AFI
Audioslave
Sparta
No Doubt
Alanis Morrissette
Dashboard Confessional
Burning Brides
The Explosion
Blood Brothers
The Start
Cold
Chicago
Credence Cleerwater ReVisited
Iron Butterfly

Want to see:

Radiohead (will see them late August)
Idlewild
REM
White Stripes
The Cure
Bouncing Souls
Dropkick Murphys
Sigur Ros
etc, etc, etc, etc, etc (too many more to name)

Recently I have added Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Moloko, Kosheen, seen Buena Vista Social Club the second time, Roy Hargrove and Marla Glen and Aqualung, Terence Trent D?Arby.

Next one to check the upcoming weekend is Dillinja, don?t know if I go but I should its where Drum and Bass is at now.

Bowie in autumn. I have seen him twice, once at a small venue.. unsure if I go.

I've seen a Beatles tribute band 3 times, they were amazing believe it or not. I saw Waylon Jennings when I was 4. I have him on video. He was holding me and scratching my head and making 'duck noises'. It was a little frightening for a 4 year old. I also got to go in his tour bus with him and my Mom and Dad. All on video. Of course I didn't do the videotaping :| My Dad was a little obsessed with him. I don't know why I shared all this with complete strangers. Thats all for now.

Back
Top Bottom