Who has MSN Messenger 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I was wandering this because I have the BETA version and I keep on wandering when the official version will arrive here in South America (we're so screwed for everything... including U2 tours :mad: )

I dont think it has been released yet. I just downloaded the latest version on this computer. It was version 6.2 (6.2.0137)

alright that was a bad, slightly tasteless joke to make.

apologies.

back on topic, i looked up the new features and none of them look particularly interesting. my msn use these days is more or less:

see who's around
get bored because no one acknowledges my existence
log out

yertle-the-turtle said:
alright that was a bad, slightly tasteless joke to make.

That is the part i liked :wink:

but you are right about the stalking part..

Yahoo messenger has this option too, yes ?

Rono said:

That is the part i liked :wink:

but you are right about the stalking part..

Yahoo messenger has this option too, yes ?

Yeah, it does. I think Yahoo has had it for quite some time.

And you can appear offline with MSN now ( with 6.2), so what ever MSN 7 has, it can't be that.

I wish we could message people while on "appear offline" the way we could with ICQ.

anitram said:
I wish we could message people while on "appear offline" the way we could with ICQ.

Me too.

It's easy enough to block certain people and appear only online to those you want to talk to, but still, this would be a nice option.

with AMSN you can see who has you on the contact list and who blocked you

in the name or mail of the person a red X appears, and if it changes names with time, that peeson erased you, but hasn't blocked you
If the name is the same for like a year or at least a long time, then he/she blocked you

Anyone know why I would keep signing on and off (without me doing anything) on MSN? I have version 6.2, I am signed in, then it kicks me off, then it signs in again a minute later - it's really annoying my contacts :banghead:

I downloaded it...

There are a few things I hope they fix up before the final version.

- Clicking anywhere on the screen seems to open up the group its inline with. I prefer having to actually click on the group name.
- There isn't really any need to see a full size version of your picture in the chat window, it makes it too clogged.
- What the hell is a wink? They'll get old, fast.

Anyway, I had a look at the blog thingo (MSN Space I think its called) that is linked and it seems it will be a biggish part of messenger now. I like it. I may actually be able to keep a blog if it's in my face every day with messenger.

So I hope they iron these things out.

Back
Top Bottom