Who has fish? Post pics please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Fish are cool.

jilltop2-07.jpg

jillstare2-07.jpg

jillopenmouth8-07.jpg

jillside2-07.jpg

jacktop2-07.jpg

jackflare2-07.jpg

jackair2-07.jpg

jacknf2.jpg

jackandjilltanks2-07.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh fishy fishy fishy.......a fish.....is it in the cupboard????????

ftffindep3.jpg

I had a Jack Dempsey back in the 80's for years. He was my only pet for many years and he lived to be pretty old. He would follow me in his tank wherever I was in the room he would be right there looking at me. (I have pics, just can't find them at the moment)
Aww I miss him now. :(

:lol: Ok, I've been fishing too much lately....I thought this was a thread to show off our catches!! :reject:

*wants to get a fishtank after seeing these fishy photos*

I have two goldfish in my garden, but I haven't seen them for weeks, so I think they do not want to be shown on photos... :shrug:

Phil's got two tanks right now. He used to have like 18 of them and 6 or so were 50gal or above.

Over Christmas our power went out and ALL of our fish died b/c the heaters went off so we are starting over.

This is what we've got now:

In a 30 gallon
FWF_0004618_20030629025936.jpg

In the baby tank, a few of these
Melanochromis_auratus.jpg

My favorites are Firemouth Meekis and Discus Fish:
t_meeki_05-andreas-gradin.jpg

discus.jpg

I have 12 fish...Jasper, Jerry, Elliott, Conor, Steve, Skippy, Jack, Meg, Napoleon, Oliver, Reggie, & Kramer. I've had my tank going since January of last year. I haven't taken many pics lately though...and the ones I have haven't been resized, cropped, and uploaded yet. :reject: I've got some older pics though.

These are my angels, Jerry is the black one, Jerry is the white one. Jerry's one ventral fin is funky, it is always stuck up like that.

JerryJasperReflections.jpg

Steve, Conor, & Skippy:

SteveConorSkippy.jpg

Pic of several fish, with unfortunate flash:

GroupPic3.jpg

Reggie is my newest fish, I got him last fall:

Reggie.jpg

My pleco Kramer, with Elliott peeking from behind the ship:

ElliottKramer.jpg

Conor, Elliott, Steve, & Skippy stealing Kramer's treat...:madwife:

ConorElliottSteveSkippy.jpg

Liesje said:
Phil's got two tanks right now. He used to have like 18 of them and 6 or so were 50gal or above.

Over Christmas our power went out and ALL of our fish died b/c the heaters went off so we are starting over.

Jesus.. how long was your power out?? :(

waynetravis said:
Dont have fish, but we do have Sea Monkeys :cute:

Wow cool, I'd love to see pics of those :drool:

Nice feesh BC, I like the angels :up:

The angels are my babies, I admit it. :heart: Not that I don't love my other fish, don't get me wrong...but my angels are more interactive. They watch me. They will follow my fingertip as I move it along the glass. If I'm at one end of the tank, and they are at the other, they come zooming towards me...and then sometimes they swim up to the top, hoping I'll drop in some treats. They are huge beggers! :lol: I usually can't say no though, so they have reason to beg...:reject:

I think I was feeding them too many treats for awhile though, Jasper stopped eating the regular flake food in the morning. Once it was all gone, he'd come up to the top, looking at me like, give me the good stuff!!! I stopped feeding anything but morning flakes for two days, and he took the hint and started eating regularly again. :laugh:

That's cool. :up: My bettas follow me around too and always come right up to me when I stick my face in front of the tank. When its time to eat they know it and do a little dance or some tricks :cute:

Sicy said:

Jesus.. how long was your power out?? :(

Overnight I think, we weren't there. We keep our tanks near 90 degrees though, and the temp. fluctuation is what killed the fish. Since the heat wasn't working in the house either it was very cold.

LemonMelon said:
I have a 50 gallon fish tank with nothing in it. What do I win?

I do too! :hi5:

Back in the day when the tank actually contained fish, we had convict cichlids:

convict_pair_with_fry_2.jpg

There were two large male/female pairs who were dominant. They set up separate "homes" at each end of the tank, and bred like crazy. The tank would get too full, and we'd sell some of the young fish to a fish and aquarium store.

We also have a now empty 35 gallon that we used for communal fish. There were all kinds of varieties in there.

Anyone want to buy two tanks with a stand and supplies? :wink:

Last edited:
:shocked: your fish is STILL alive Sicy??? I remember you showing me a pic of it a year ago or so!!!

:sigh: I miss my fishies... my aquarium started leaking and since I had a guitar next to it had to get rid of it asap, and my friend now has them... they're still alive so that's a good thing, but I miss it tho, I've had an aquarium for like, 10 years or so! :(

Perhaps one day I'll fix up the aquarium and get fish again, or I'll get a lizzard... I'm still not sure, but as for now I don't have the time to do it! :(

I don't have the pic of them anymore either...

:love: but I love seeing these pics tho!

Fish can live a long time if they're taken care of properly!

VintagePunk said:

I love these!! You could try to put your tanks up on craigs list. :up:

I had African Cichlids as my first fish but at the time I knew nothing about fish. I had like 3 of them in a 5 gallon :reject: Anyway they lived for like a year and then one day I came home and the heater was all the way up and all the fish were dead :sad: I was heartbroken. I dont know if I did it by accident or if the cats knocked the heater.

Back
Top Bottom