Who has fish? Post pics please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jack made me a small bubblenest today :love:
He hasnt made one in months. It means he's a happy little camper :cute:

bubblenest2-08.jpg

We got a new pleco today. He went in our 20gal hexagon with the Terror cichlid. There's some algae buildup on the sides so he won't need a wafer for a while. Our fish earn their keep!

what a cool thread! i used to have 4 goldfish (guess the names.) but then when i brought my dog they all died the following week. i'm not even kidding. i took good care of them and they just up and died. my friend said they were jealous.

Very cool, I love plecos!

I'm out of town, but my boyfriend called this morning and said that Meg died. :sad:

Got Philk? said:

Do those barbs nip at your other fish? Those barbs can get kinda nippy...I had some once. :)

The barbs basically only chase after each other. People are surprised that I have angels with barbs, but they get along fine. :up:

Hope I'm not jinxing myself...!

:lol: I'm actually having an aggressive tiger barb issue at the moment...I guess it was inevitable since I only bought two, but they didn't warn me otherwise. But anyway I'm redoing my tank today and am going to add another barb or two to hopefully deflect its attention from the other, so hopefully that will have the intended effect. :uhoh:

AngelofHarlem01 said:
:lol: I'm actually having an aggressive tiger barb issue at the moment...I guess it was inevitable since I only bought two, but they didn't warn me otherwise. But anyway I'm redoing my tank today and am going to add another barb or two to hopefully deflect its attention from the other, so hopefully that will have the intended effect. :uhoh:

Yeah it usually works, at least for some time. The best is like 3 or 5.

7.jpg

We lost one of them last year...

4.jpg

In the picture he was already twice as big from when we got him and he will be the same size as the others...

AngelofHarlem01 said:

Erm.. so as of last night one of the Tiger Barbs is missing... It's a big mystery in my house at the moment. At first I thought it had died and someone just disposed of it without telling me, but that's not the case. We've looked in every part of the tank where a fish could possibly be and there's nothing. It's completely vanished. Do Tiger Barbs eat other Tiger Barbs? :huh: It was a pretty big fish so I have a hard time fathoming it, but it's the only other possibility I can think of at this point because that fish is nowhere to be found.

AngelofHarlem01 said:

Erm.. so as of last night one of the Tiger Barbs is missing... It's a big mystery in my house at the moment. At first I thought it had died and someone just disposed of it without telling me, but that's not the case. We've looked in every part of the tank where a fish could possibly be and there's nothing. It's completely vanished. Do Tiger Barbs eat other Tiger Barbs? :huh: It was a pretty big fish so I have a hard time fathoming it, but it's the only other possibility I can think of at this point because that fish is nowhere to be found.

Yeah, tiger barbs can be pretty mean at times. And I've had barbs before where if a fish died, they would take care of it.

Do you have any other fish in there besides the barbs? I used to have a big fish that I gave feeder fish. My catfish I had would clean up after him. :)

So morbid...

Sicy said:
Fish can live a long time if they're taken care of properly!

Last time I had fish, I had bought my son about 6 or 8 fantail guppies.
Then he wanted bettas. So I got him 2 of those and one of the algae eaters, or whatever they are called.
Geez I didn't know about bettas. The next morning those fan tails were shreaded and the algae eater was dead.
I got them out and put them in separate bowls. Only one beta survived so I figured he was the killer. :ohmy:

Haven't had any fish since. But thinking about it now. :wink:

I have no fish, but the lab in college does. Last year they all dropped dead. Hoping for a better run this year. :|

One has a black eye though, sort of concerning. :huh:

I finally found some old pics of JD, my jack dempsey cichlid I had in the 80's, he was my only pet for more than 10 years. He was awesome. :cute:

jd.jpg

Got Philk? said:

Yeah, tiger barbs can be pretty mean at times. And I've had barbs before where if a fish died, they would take care of it.

Do you have any other fish in there besides the barbs? I used to have a big fish that I gave feeder fish. My catfish I had would clean up after him. :)

So morbid...

:lol:

No I just had the Barbs in there. There were 3 but one died last month. Still no sign of the fish and he's been refusing to eat, so it's seeming likely that he ate her. Crazy to think. :(

While I was working, apparently there sprung a leak in one of my tanks. It was half empty...and water is now still between the upstairs and the downstairs.

Luckily, Liesy found it and quickly put the fish into a bucket with the filter running in it as well for air. The fish are still alive, but I will need to wait for payday until I can get a new tank for them...

oh the drama!!!

Back
Top Bottom