White Stripes on Conan tonight/Foo Fighters on Letterman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I'm not sure if Letterman is a rerun or not, but Foo Fighters are on.

White Stripes are also on Conan tonight.

Looks like it's a good night for music on American television.

Ooh...the Seventh Son

Yep!!!

But I can't see the White Stripes tonight...I am at work til 2 a.m. If someone is still up, can you tell me what they played?

:hyper:

They played "7 Nation Army" tonight. It was really great live, I was impressed.

It's awesome that they're going to be on the whole week!

:combust: the whole week :combust: I have to give Conan credit for supporting bands like this.. he always has some up and coming band as the musical guest and doesn't resort to mainstream bookings. :up:

HelloAngel said:
:combust: the whole week :combust: I have to give Conan credit for supporting bands like this.. he always has some up and coming band as the musical guest and doesn't resort to mainstream bookings. :up:

I hope you arent talking about the White Stripes.....they're pretty mainstream these days, and not exactly "up and coming".

Good golly, they were up for a MTV music video award.

u2popmofo said:

I hope you arent talking about the White Stripes.....they're pretty mainstream these days, and not exactly "up and coming".

Good golly, they were up for a MTV music video award.

Actually, I am talking about the WS, and no they aren't mainstream. Matchbox20 is mainstream. Just bc the WS get a great deal of press does not mean they are mainstream. They are still very much on the up and up in terms of ppl who are actually listening to the music and not just name-dropping them to seem cool.

And the MTV nod means nothing - Mudvayne was nominated too.

In my estimation, mainstream = ubiquitous.

The WS are far from that. In my neck of the woods, they are still very much "Oh, the WS? Oh right, still havent heard anything by them, other than that song with the lego video."

HelloAngel, dont get me wrong, I really like the White Stripes, hope you didnt think I was saying that.

What song do you think they'll play tonight? What songs do you think they'll play the rest of the week? All new stuff from Elephant?

u2popmofo said:
HelloAngel, dont get me wrong, I really like the White Stripes, hope you didnt think I was saying that.

I don't think you were saying that at all :) I was just giving my explanation as to why I don't think they should be considered mainstream. :)

Bonochick said:
They played "Jolene"...I missed most of it though cuz the channel went fuzzy. :rant:

I know that's a cover song, do you know whose?

Dolly Parton? I think it is, but I'm seriously not sure.

It sounded pretty good, I've honestly never heard them play it before.

u2popmofo said:

I know that's a cover song, do you know whose?

Dolly Parton? I think it is, but I'm seriously not sure.

It sounded pretty good, I've honestly never heard them play it before.

Yep, it's ole Dolly's song! Jack does such a dramatic version.. me likey! :up: I'm glad they played it! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom