Whip Ma Whop Ma Gate, York Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call a lead of four votes "bigtime".

Still a good chance October could come back. Or that RAH could take the lead. Either way, just as long as ATYCLB continues to stay in the game.

And the insinuation Yahweh makes in the Survivor thread about me before proceeding to do exactly what he says I do is nothing short of hysterical.

I think it's amusing, also that they're discussing Bob Dylan there now.

Currently reading: Hart's War by John Katzenbach for the fifth or so time.

It's not high literature, but damn, it's a story that's very well told.

Guys. I saw this at the video store tonight:

199fok4.jpg

Ben Kingsley as The Edge! :ohmy:

U2 needs to imitate the 08 Olympics' opening ceremony, with the guy with the torch flying around the stadium. That can be Edge, on fire, playing The Fly, with the computer spitting out flyisms like made onto the 360-degree screen behind him.

I love this guy, I really do.

Currently reading: Hart's War by John Katzenbach for the fifth or so time.

It's not high literature, but damn, it's a story that's very well told.

Meanwhile, I'm reading The Count Of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Quite enjoying it thus far, though Dumas also employs some literary devices I've encountered in Victor Hugo's work that irritate me about classic French fiction. Things that now just seem lazy. Thank god he doesn't go off on Hugo's essay tangents, though (yet).

I feel kind of worried that one of my best friends from high school has taken to signing e-mails "J Dog".

Meanwhile, I'm reading The Count Of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Quite enjoying it thus far, though Dumas also employs some literary devices I've encountered in Victor Hugo's work that irritate me about classic French fiction. Things that now just seem lazy. Thank god he doesn't go off on Hugo's essay tangents, though (yet).

I started reading Les Miserables, and it irritated the hell out of me with how long he took to establish how wonderful the churchman was. Yes, I GET IT ALREADY, YOU FRENCH BASTARD, NOW THE STORY PLZ.

I feel kind of worried that one of my best friends from high school has taken to signing e-mails "J Dog".

Evidently he's now in da hood yo, and can't be seen hangin' with foo's like you, dig bro?

It's like a mid-midlife crisis of sorts, it's happening to my friends who now need FASTER cars with MASSIVE STEREO SYSTEMS and SUBWOOFERS that take up half their boot space because what they have isn't LOUD enough.

I started reading Les Miserables, and it irritated the hell out of me with how long he took to establish how wonderful the churchman was. Yes, I GET IT ALREADY, YOU FRENCH BASTARD, NOW THE STORY PLZ.

The best part is how little the churchman has to do with the actual story that follows.

Evidently he's now in da hood yo, and can't be seen hangin' with foo's like you, dig bro?

It's like a mid-midlife crisis of sorts, it's happening to my friends who now need FASTER cars with MASSIVE STEREO SYSTEMS and SUBWOOFERS that take up half their boot space because what they have isn't LOUD enough.

But I copy-and-pasted the bro fist. Am I still not bro enough for J Dog? :(

And so ... your friends want to look like idiots?

The best part is how little the churchman has to do with the actual story that follows.

I know that, and I haven't even finished reading about him yet!

It's like he included his best A+ essay from high school in the book just because he didn't want to throw it away, or something.

I know that, and I haven't even finished reading about him yet!

It's like he included his best A+ essay from high school in the book just because he didn't want to throw it away, or something.

Judging by some of the later content in the book, he also included his best political science and theology essays as well.

Telling the story? Pfft. Let's waste the reader's time!

But I copy-and-pasted the bro fist. Am I still not bro enough for J Dog? :(

And so ... your friends want to look like idiots?

I think they're suddenly earning a fair bit of money, and so want to show it off and shit, just cause they're so rad and none of them actually have girlfriends. It's a security / image thing, they're covering their insecurities up with money like most people do.

Meanwhile, Africa starves and Gaza burns, because people are just too selfish everywhere.

Judging by some of the later content in the book, he also included his best political science and theology essays as well.

Telling the story? Pfft. Let's waste the reader's time!

I am very tempted to give up on reading it and find something that isn't that meandering. Like Monte Cristo, or the Musketeers, or War and Peace.

Although, if War and Peace is that large, I suspect there must be a fair bit of irrelevant descriptive wankery going on.

I think they're suddenly earning a fair bit of money, and so want to show it off and shit, just cause they're so rad and none of them actually have girlfriends. It's a security / image thing, they're covering their insecurities up with money like most people do.

Meanwhile, Africa starves and Gaza burns, because people are just too selfish everywhere.

The best part is, it just shows how insecure they are to the world. When you're at the shops and some dickhead drives by in a large car with thumping music and exhaust spewing in your face, you don't think "hey, that dude's fuckin' cool".

Humanity loves its misplaced priorities.

See you, Chass. :wave:

I am very tempted to give up on reading it and find something that isn't that meandering. Like Monte Cristo, or the Musketeers, or War and Peace.

Although, if War and Peace is that large, I suspect there must be a fair bit of irrelevant descriptive wankery going on.

Ha, War And Peace is one of the candidates to be the next book I read. I could have been reading it now - I was tossing between taking it or Monte Cristo with me to begin in Queensland.

Hopefully Tolstoy keeps things together. My experience with classic Russian literature thus far indicates that despite their admiration of French culture, they never quite got into the whole waffling thing that plagues Hugo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom