Which movie are you expecting the most... Batman or Fantastic 4 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'M ALL PSHYCED OUT FOR BATMAN!!!

HELL YEAH.. it's gonna be the best of the series... just by looking at the screenshots... and that Batmobile :drool:

Batman, but they should have brought Michael Keaton back.

bale will be better than keaton

the_machinist_2.jpg

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:
Batman, but they should have brought Michael Keaton back.

are you kidding, right?

I respect a lot Burton's work, but his Batman movies suck, really, he didn't have idea of what Batman is about

I'm very excited because Nolan is a more cerebral director, and Bale is famous (?) because his interpretations in independent films, I hope that vision helps to my favorite heroe, I want to see a darker and deeper vision, because Batman deserves it, because Batman is that way

Fantastic 4 is Marvel, so... no way

and for some reason a movie about "World's Finest" would be great (for me)

I liked Burton's Batman movies. I'm a huge Batman fan and I'm so excited about this movie. I'm excited about Fantastic Four too, but I don't know nearly as much about them as I do Batman and other superheroes.

Batman was my favorite cartoon growing up (the 90s series). I have them all on DVD. Genius.

Christian Bale and Liam Neeson :drool:

I'm more psyched up for Batman. I like darker films and the cast is impressive.

and Batman comes out in the States on my birthday, gonna take my gf to see it, w00tw00t

here's a question 4 ya: Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
The Joker was the greatest villian second only to Darth Vader :rockon:

yeah, but Joker did not murder Thomas and Martha Wayne

I remember it, that's because I hate the first Batman movie!

This Batman looks great with inspiration from The Long Halloween, Dark Knight, and Year One. Very grim and dark, not campy and great cast playing it straight.

Joe Chill kills his parents in this movie just like the books. My only grief is Ra's A Ghul being involved in training a young Bruce Wayne and him being Japanese instead of Mi ddle Eastern descent. And I don't like Lucius Fox being portrayed as Batman's Q ala James Bond. Alfred is his Q and doctor and psychiatrist and mechanic and cook and housekeeper.:wink:

you mean, Joe Chill kills the Waynes just like the books... pre-Crisis, or not? I'm confused! as I know, post-Crisis they decided that Batman don't know the identity of the murderer of his parents, but if this is slightly based on Year One... uh?

the batmobile is based on Frank Miller's batmobile :rockon:

Batman by a long shot. It's either going to soar or crash and burn. Fantastic Four just looks like a run of the mill superhero action flick with all of the expected computer generated high flying scenes.

Jack In The Box said:

are you kidding, right?

Yes, of course I'm kidding. It's Michael Keaton, he's awful. Bale is gonna be good and I think the movie will be too.

Definitely Batman. I've been a fan of Batman since I was 5 and I'd never even heard of the Fantastic Four until I saw a preview for the upcoming movie (which looks kind of stupid). And Christian Bale rules! I'm sure he will be great at Batman.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Who is the villain for Batman this time?

I've always wanted to see Catwoman wear the original catsuit of the show from the 60's. :drool:

I think the villians are Scarecrow and Raj Al Ghul.

The only thing Fantastic Four has going for it is an A Perfect Circle song in the trailer.

:rockon:

yeah, but her character is not from the comics, I hate characters like that, invetions just for sell more tickets, if they have Ra's Al Ghul why they don't include Talia? :shrug:

Yep, Katie Holmes is there to attract some females to the audience. The save the girl/romance story is the producer's attempt to increase their customer base which sucks because Batman doesn't run around saving the girl very often. But Talia would be perfect for film, Talia is Ra's daughter for newbies who loves Batman and in a graphic novel bears Batman's son.

I wonder if we get to see the Lazarus Pit too. Ra's has an awesome origin too.

but you didn't answer my question... Batman know or not the identity of the damn murder! because I know post-crisis he doesn't know...

stupid crisis

Jack In The Box said:
but you didn't answer my question... Batman know or not the identity of the damn murder! because I know post-crisis he doesn't know...

stupid crisis

Sorry, if you are asking me. I am not sure since I have stopped reading comics since 1997. It's been so long so I can't remember if he knows the murderer of his parents. DC Comics has been changing continuity so much that I don't think they know anymore.:wink: I guess we find out on this week.

BTW, Jack do you still read and how long have you been reading. I collected books from the early 80's up to '97. I collected mainly DC with the odd Marvel and also Dark Horse and of course the Vertigo titles with almost every graphic novel from the time period.

I'm pretty newbie reading comics, I have a year or so reading just DC

I know things, but everything post-crisis... I really don't know what happened in the Crisis -of Infinite Earths- though... I just know that they did reset all their characters

Last edited:
The only review I've read said Katie Holmes is terrible..they also said it started out promising then sort of pandered to the more commercial cartoonish aspects of Batman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom