Which is worse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is worse?

• The Beatles 'Love Me Do'

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Boyzone's 'Love Me For A Reason'

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
1. The Beatles 'Love Me Do'?

OR

2. Boyzone's 'Love Me For A Reason'?

Now I'm a huge Beatles fan but I still have to say that Love Me Do is one of the worst songs ever!

*runs away*

:wink:

I've never heard the particular Boyzone song you're referring to here. But I did hear one Boyzone song at one time, "No Matter What", due to my sister having played it endlessly, and I didn't like it. I do like the Beatles' "Love Me Do".

So, in short, I'd say Boyzone is worse.

Angela

If you don't know Boyzone's Love Me For a Reason, just replace it with BSB's I Want It That Way. The point I was trying to make was that how could the Beatles write something as trite and repetitive as Love Me Do. Of course in fairness to them, they were among the first to write that lovey dovey crap (as I understand it). The harmonica IS nice though.

tarquinsuperb said:
Has anyone seen the original Love Me For A Reason video?
It's hilarious, it's not dated well, lots of knee bending.

I've seen the one with the room full of candles, curtains and stuff. Is that the one you're talking about?

Zootlesque said:
The point I was trying to make was that how could the Beatles write something as trite and repetitive as Love Me Do.

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with repetitiveness if the song is otherwise good (catchy, fun, good music, good vocals, talented musicians, etc.). But that's just me *Shrugs*. I can see where repetitiveness can get annoying in certain songs, though.

Also, putting BSB in place of Boyzone...yep. Still pick the boy band for the worse one of the two :).

Angela

I'm picking the Boyzone song despite the fact that I've never heard it because I like Love Me Do. Remember, that was the 60's, it wasn't entirely cliched then...and I love the harmonica.

Back
Top Bottom