Which AC/DC albun do I want first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only Back In Black (which I hardly even listen to) but I think Highway To Hell is good too!

They certainly have other solid albums (Highway To Hell, High Voltage, Dirty Deeds), but Back In Black was their high water mark and definitive statement. A consistent party classic all the way through.

Back to Black is the obvious choice, but Highway To Hell might be pretty fun too (the title track, Girls Got Rhythm, Shot Down In Flames)

If it's 80s metal you're looking for, do it the right way. Go with old-school Metallica. Listen to 'Ride The Lightning', 'Master Of Puppets', and '...And Justice For All'. They are worth your time far more than any AC/DC record.

namkcuR said:
If it's 80s metal you're looking for, do it the right way. Go with old-school Metallica. Listen to 'Ride The Lightning', 'Master Of Puppets', and '...And Justice For All'. They are worth your time far more than any AC/DC record.

What a fantastic reply.

But, to answer your actual question, like many others here, I'll say Back in Black is the one you want, if you're looking for just one.

I would recommend High Voltage or Highway To Hell. One of my fave AC/DC songs is 'It's A Long Way To The Top If You Want To Rock N' Roll' :rockon: (from High Voltage). It's from 1976, and still had Bon Scott on vocals. "Back In Back" has been so overplayed on radio, etc., that I find it difficult to listen to, and I used to love AC/DC (still like them, but not like I did). They put on a helluva show live, that's for sure :up:

namkcuR said:

That's fine and everything, but AC/DC is not considered metal, so comparing them to Metallica really doesn't make sense.

Yes, Metallica has some albums that are far more worthy than most of AC/DC's output, to be sure, but AC/DC is really classic hard rock, and have a totally different sound than Metallica.

Back In Black

I should ask my boyfriend though. The amount of AC/DC discs he has is insane. Although he probably feels the same way about the amount of U2 discs I own. :wink:

please, please, please ...... get Let there be rock

it's seriously one of the best albums ever made and towers over Back in Black (not to mention what it does to Metallica as young people might be reading this)

but get Let there be rock
it's what you want

Back
Top Bottom