Where's your favourite place to holiday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I've only seen a bit of Australia, but the best place by far would have to be Port Douglas. Its got everything you need, the Tully, Kuranda and Cape Tribulation, the Daintree, the Great Barrier Reef, legal jetskiing and Mokes for hire on every street corner.

I need a holiday. Maybe if I win powerball tonight I can go to Herron Island for 6 months.

Well sweetie,
Outside of the USA, I have been to Korea, Egypt, Saudi, Germany, and I think thats it
confused.gif
Well I'll add more later if not
wink.gif

I loveed to party it up in Seoul, specifically Itaewon S Korea. It's a party hell for those looking to die
wink.gif
Funny, I used to stay in a dump motel on the strip where a Korean family (a very nice family at that) used to own and always remembered me.

Every time I would rent out the room, I would sign in as a different person (this was in 1996-97 BTW) and that was Bill Clinton, Bono, Pee Wee Herman, Madeline Albright, Prince Charles, Mick Jagger, and so on.

These poor folks would always smile and give me the key after I signed their clipboard with no clue who I really was
smile.gif

I never trashed the room and always left the tip for them for their kindness. I once had a girl lock me out of the room and i had to go down to the desk naked and get another key. I bet the next day the poor owner was telling his friends that Al Gore was running around his hotel naked
eek.gif

I won't say that is my favorite "exotic" location, but just another page from my incredibly wild and growing memory book.
smile.gif

I have only been to England, Scotland when I was younger......enjoy Dublin.....only been one place in the States when I was 14, thats Orlando......2 weeks and it was very hot..........hopefully Im going back someday, me hopes, me prays..........but I havent been outside the Uk or Ireland to anywhere else since.....
frown.gif

would still love to see NYC and LA.......but I know for sure that will always be 'Id like',,,,and not 'I've been'

ach well..........

lmao, how could anyone forget you z wedgy? especially pulling stunts like that!
biggrin.gif

Maddie I still may have won powerball, if I have I'll whisk ya off to America, ok?

I've been to Italy, France, Germany, England, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Greece, Austria, never further than a three-hour flight, tho LMAO

I'd love to go to Bora Bora...

As if you didn't know us
and we're not gonna ask
you turn on the light
and we put on a mask

All the while
cat runs under the bed
you say with a smile
OMC he's dead

She turns to me
and that's no lie
what are you going to do
before you die

Out comes the cat
with that look in his eye
and you finally know that
he never was alive

In the shadows of your mind
you know its not the mask you fear
only why you had to unwind
and grab yourself another beer

I havent been out of the states other than Canada a few times, but I'm going to ireland in August. So far I love the lakes region in NH and the Fort MYers area of FL during spring training.

------------------
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Can't say I have ever holiday'd. I dream of holidaying. I have travelled, but never really holiday'd... you know, when you have a week or two to just do nothing.
Let's see... I have been to the States, Denmark, Germany, Russia, England, Holland, Ireland and many places in Canada... but a fave to holiday? Well... Vegas might be a fave if I were rich, as would London. Places you need a lot of money to really have fun in. But for a good old fashioned relaxing time away... a weekend at a cabin at Cowichan Lake, 1 1/2 hours drive from here. Another great localish holiday is a week in the Okanagan near the Shushwap. Hot and beautiful with a mountainous backdrop... I love BC!

When I get to Dublin, I want to 'holiday' in Clifden. Loved that little town. And !! And!! one day I'd like to holiday somewhere HOT, Mexico... Spain... Portugal.... Ahhhh, I need a holiday.

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 03-07-2002).]

Awww, nuts...*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Landscape: Norway
Flair, coolness, chicks etc: Rome. The place to be.
I'm probably going to Barcelona this year. Let's see what it will be like...
smile.gif

------------------
Take the money and run

Other an Canada I haven't been out the USA. But I have traveled all around the country. We have some beautiful sights and places to see in this land. Cape Cod is lovely if you like to be near the ocean. The mountains of upper New York & West Virgina are breath taking. If you like City life New York City is the place to be, and I'll add Vegas in there. Down South Florida and the great beauty of that state. Out in the Mid-West I've been to Kansas, Nebraska, and to the beautiful Ozarks in Missouri. And I been to f the beautiful city of Phoenix and got to see some desert life. which I loved, and would like to go back again having more time to see what I missed. My dream place to go is Ireland & England for I love the history part as well as seeing the beauty of those countries.

Inside the U.S.: San Diego, San Francisco, Memphis, Southern Florida;

Outside the U.S.: Brittish Isles; South Africa; Bahamas;

Places I want to go: Australia, New Orleans, Jamaica;

Where I'm going next year: HAWAIIIIIIIIIII

lol @ Z Edge!!!!!

Boy, did you bring back memories!!!

Itaewon??? hahahaha, omg, my friends and I used to spend our weekends there (I lived in South Korea for a while)...After a while, all the American G.I.'s who were only let out once a month started to get on our nerves with their outrageous behaviour (you can imagine!!!)

Omg, I'm trying to remember some of the bars names...one that had to with Kettle or something, eh?

Help me out here....

ah, the lovely memories.........
smile.gif

I very much enjoyed my visit to Ireland (both North and the Republic) in '99...
Blarney Castle:
ie10.jpg

Belfast:
ie13.jpg

Glendalough:
ie20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom