Where Are Your Scars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where Are Your Scars? (You may choose more than one option)

• head

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • thorax

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • abdomen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • arms

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • legs

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • wings

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • extremities

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
I have

* two long scars from slashing open my right leg on coral when I was eight. This I chose to do off an island in the Dampier Peninsula ie one of the most heavily shark populated areas in the world. Yes, I broke the water speed record getting back to dry land. :|

* a scar on the underside of my right foot from running into the water and jumping straight onto a sleeping stingrays barbs. This I did on the last night of our camping trip, ie the night we were all due to go into the town pub and commiserate about Uni starting again. We missed the pub outing because of my foot. My mates STILL hold it against me. And yes, the stingray was okay, thanks for asking. :|

* a permanent wound on the back of my right hand where I burn myself nightly taking dinner out of the oven. :|

Already in denial, Beli? :sexywink:

Me, I have a scar on my chin (falling on the bath and years later bumping it at the bottom of a swimming pool) and I think also one in my eyebrow (don't know where that one comes from). Then there's my left elbow, where there's a scar from an operation (I'd broken my arm near my elbow and had to lie flat in a hospital bed for three weeks. The scar is from the screw that was in my arm so they could hang it to some weights :|). I also have one on my left wrist. That one happened when I was about 1 or 2 years old and ran away with a mug in my hand. I fell and cut it open. Don't know where those on my fingers come from (except for one, which happened when it got stuck in a closing door.

For the rest, I chose wings and extremities just because I liked to. :mac:

*has probably forgotten half of his scars*

Head, thorax, arms and legs.

From the top down:
- Scar on my forehead right underneath my hairline from when I hit my head in a car-crash
- Scar right underneath my lip from when I slipped in the bathroom and landed with my mouth on the sink (stitches and 1 new tooth)
- Scar on my chest from when a cat who didn't want to sit on my lap almost removed my left nipple
- Scar on my right wrist from when I broke a glass
- Scar on my right shin from when I jumped from the rafters of a a greenhouse and my leg got caught on a steel hook.

That's it, my dreams of ever becoming a page 3 girl are also shattered.

Damn, you people and your physical scars - I am just glad that my ones are all emotional ones; so much easier to deal with :wink:

I have a really small scar on my head from falling.

I also have a scar on my hand. When I was about 6 I somehow managed to cut my hand on this massive ring my Mum was wearing that my Granny owned.

I also have a scar on my knee from falling.

:up:

A_Wanderer said:
Damn, you people and your physical scars - I am just glad that my ones are all emotional ones; so much easier to deal with :wink:

There was no option for emotional scars, so I did not mention them. If there was, then I think this thread would not be big enough. :)

:reject:

:wink:

DrTeeth said:
Head, thorax, arms and legs.

From the top down:
- Scar on my forehead right underneath my hairline from when I hit my head in a car-crash
- Scar right underneath my lip from when I slipped in the bathroom and landed with my mouth on the sink (stitches and 1 new tooth)
- Scar on my chest from when a cat who didn't want to sit on my lap almost removed my left nipple
- Scar on my right wrist from when I broke a glass
- Scar on my right shin from when I jumped from the rafters of a a greenhouse and my leg got caught on a steel hook.

That's it, my dreams of ever becoming a page 3 girl are also shattered.

drinking not a good habit :shame:

I have some chickenpox scars on my face, banged up knees from my childhood, and a big scar on the inside of my left ankle from having my ankle re-broken, having screws put in, and then having the screws taken out a few years later.

I have something like 5 big scars on my right forearm--2 from clothes irons, and 3 from my recent car accident. I also have a small one on my left temple from hitting my head as a small child, and a whole bunch of little ones on my legs from just being a klutz.

:hmm:

I'm only going to include the big 'uns.
--the one on my abdomen that used to go from hipbone to hipbone, but now is only across the *ahem* "bikini line" from some pesky little ovarian cysts that had to be removed

--and everyone's favorite *drum roll* the ones on each of my feet when my beloved podiatrist removed my bunions. When he removed the neuroma from my left foot, he left an icky scar as well. Same with the screws down there.

The rest are from attempting to grow up and hurting myself in the process. I have decided to stop trying to grow up, so I do believe the random scars will stop.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:

I love that answer! :up:

Small scars on my right knee from surgery and my right foot from surgery.

Oh, and don't forget the ones on my heart. :sad:

:lmao:

You might as well ask where I DON'T have scars!

Chest - heart surgery scar or as I like to call it, my permanent cleavage :wink:

Upper abdomen - scar from drainage tube after heart surgery

Upper left chest - small scar from internal heart monitor

Lower right abdomen - giant apendectomy scar, a result of the surgeon having to go in from the side and around my baby (I was 5 months pregnant)

Lower, lower center abdomen - female surgery type scar

Belly button and surrounding area - 3 small scars from laproscopic procedure

Left knee - scar from falling off a curb while drunk the first time at 16

Upper lip - crashed into a van mirror while carrying a kitten and riding a bike :der:

Right index finger - cut myself playing with a pocketknife at Girl Scout camp.

There are a few more that I can't recall at the moment but scars...I've got plenty!

Last edited:
too much to name: mostly elbows, knees, face, one on chest

etc.

oh yeah and hand
someone once stuck a pen in it :up:

right under my nose because I thought running into a moving car might be a good idea (which also explains half a tooth missing)

and one on my wrist because I yanked my own nail into the skin accidentally :huh:

all other scars are emotional :D

I have a small scar on the back of my left leg from the time when my sister hit a glass pane with a tennis racket and I got a couple of shards of glass on my leg.

Bottom of foot - from surfboard hitting me

Just above right knee - same reason as above

And a shark bit my ass so I have tooth imprint scars across my ass.

;)

I have a scar on the top of my head from when I got stitches, a scar on my right foot from when I drug my foot along the sidewalk pushing a neighbor on my Big Wheel, and a scar on my fourth toe on my right foot from when I dropped a chair on it. I think I may have a chicken pox scar on my back but can't remember. Oh, and I have a scar on my left ankle from one of the first times I shaved my legs.

pub crawler said:
Bottom of foot - from surfboard hitting me

Just above right knee - same reason as above

And a shark bit my ass so I have tooth imprint scars across my ass.

;)

Probably a landshark that you met in a Hollywood bar! :lol:

By the way - you going to Ontario in Oct.? pm us.

Like so many of you, I too have fallen on my head and have a scar to show for it :D

Chicken pox scars on my stomach

Surgical scar from gall bladder surgery

Vaccination scar on my inner upper arm (most of us have that one)

Stitches on my knuckes

And stitches from childbirth - thanks beli like I needed to think of that :wink:

I have one going from the middle of my left hand right across the tendonand back to behind my hand between the thumb and index finger from when I (brilliantly) decided to pry a hardened piece of gum off my camera with a steak knife. Knife went in, and by instinct I pulled up and sliced my hand almost in half in the process.

The rest are burn spots on my forearms and the back of my right index finger.

i've got a lot of little scars from bike/skateboard/wagon-type crashes on my knees and elbows and arms and legs..

On my left elbow I've got a scar from where I tore a small chunk of flesh out in a bike accident (idiot tangled handlebars with me and I went flying into the street).
On my right forearm I've got a 6" scar from where I raked my arm across some sharp rocks when I slipped and almost fell off a waterfall.
On my left ankle I've got a scar when I got my foot pinned against a wooden pallet corner by a forklift at work (lucky it stopped where it did or it would've crushed my foot).
On my chin I've got a scar from when I was a kid and slipped getting out of a pool and split it open. But it's covered by my goatee now.

I'm surprised I don't have more scars on my legs from all the bike accidents I got into as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom