Where Are Your Scars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where Are Your Scars? (You may choose more than one option)

• head

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • thorax

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • abdomen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • arms

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • legs

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • wings

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • extremities

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
I have scar on the back of my right hand when I accidently left my hand under a empty water tank that could hold 200lbs. The only reason I have scar is because I wouldn't stop picking at it!

The other predominant scar i have is on my right knee. I split my knee open when I was 3 on a rock at my sister's softball game. There was a lot of blood! Don't ask me when I chose to fall on a rock but I had to get stitches

fascinating stuff.

i too am riddled with scars (emotional and phyiscal, just like the rest of us):

chicken pox scars on my temples (i was 6 months old, i didn't know better)

a lump on the right side of my head from when i fell and knocked myself unconscious on a big patch of ice in front of the mall when i was 17

and two-interrelated scars: i had mono and was deathly ill when i was 19, to the point that my spleen ruptured in my sleep. ambulance, sirens, yada yada yada... to make a long story short, i now have a foot and a half long scar down my stomach (anybody got a longer one? :wink:). i also have a scar on my right ankle from when the nurses were trying to get me on an I.V. and they couldn't find a vein. the freaky part is that i was awake while they were digging at my ankle and i didn't feel a thing. shock does amazing things to the human body.

also, various stupid scars on my legs because i have still not mastered how to shave my legs without gashing my knee, my ankle, etc.

I have a few that you can really notice.

When I was younger this huge wooden sign that was not properly held up fell on me and I had to get stitches in my face and all. . .so now I have this curved scar-indent there but since I wear glasses it's hidden. . .that's the main scar I have.

I have a small one on my chin from walking into a coffee table when I was little, a small one on my thumb from a cut and then on my abdomen from the appendectomy I had when I was 18 (I had a top notch plastic surgeon close it and it's amazing compared to others I've seen. Mine is a tiny, thin white line, barely visible, no longer than an inch).

head, thorax, and legs.

head:
- scar above my right eyebrow
- scar on my right eye (this and the above are from forceps)
- scar on my left cheek

thorax:
- scar on my upper chest from getting some precancerous skin removed.

legs:
- scar on my left and right knees. it could be from falling and skinning my knees during recess when i was six, or it could be from getting stung by a nest full of hornets. i don't remember which one. maybe both?

Youse are all a bunch of klutzs!

I forgot a scar on the back of my right hand from when my new 6 week old Kitty scratched me. :cute: He only died last year age 17 or 18.
:)

I forgot the scar on my right wrist where I was stung by a bee and the doctor didnt remove the poison sac. 3 days later the sac exploded inside my arm and I had to have all the sac bits removed.

I too have a swimming pool scar on my chin.

I have one on the top of my head, one on my right pinkie and one on my right wrist from when I was born (I was two months premature and when they were trying to stick me with a needle for some procedure, they missed).

Then I have one on my right elbow from an accident at work.

And one under my chin from when I was five and learning to skate. I landed face first on the ice and split my chin open. :ohmy:

Let's see, the worst scar I have is on my knee. Without being too graphic, I pretty much tore the whole thing open, down to the bone. And this is the censored version.

Total stitches:15

I also have some pretty good scars on my shoulders and back from a bicycle accident. I ran straight into an oncoming bicyclist. And the really bad part is, I crossed the road to do it. I still don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Total stitches: 7

And finally, I've got a scar on the underside of my chin. I slipped trying to get out of a pool by pulling myself out of the water. Seems like a pretty common injury. Maybe that's why they tell you not to get out of a pool like that. :hmm: Never stopped me.

Total stitches:3

And these are the only ones that required stitches.

Last edited:
Um, I checked everything b/c I have chicken pox scars all over. Besides those, I have one on my left middle finger (cutting grapefruit), my left arm (cutting cheese), my left leg (cutting athletic tape).

I don't remember what a thorax is but I'm sure I've got a scar there.

I have a HUGE scar above my knee, where a stick tore open my leg as I was wading through a creek.

Below the knee, on the same leg, the skin is all weird where I skidded on the asphalt after tripping on rollerblades. It's fading though.

I also have a tiny scar near my eyebrow where I had to have some facial surgery.

I used to have a creepy scar of a ring of teeth, where my sister bit me when we were toddlers. It faded though, which is good, it looked very satanic!

comparing old war wounds?
good fun.
I have an absolute doozy on my face of all places, but I know it could be worse. I just want to mention the young doctor who was on duty at the hospital the night I came in from a car accident, bleeding all over the place. He started to stitch me up under local anaesthetic and then stopped and said "no, you're a young girl, I can't do this." and he refrred me on to another hospital and a micro-surgeon. It's quite awful enough and I'm very self-conscious about it, so there you go, he could have made it worse. At least he was honest about his abilities.
And I have a scar on my knee where I fell out of a tree when I thought a horse was chasing me and a small one on my forehead where I feel off a merry-go-round. Oh yeah and a couple on my tummy where suspicious looking moles were removed.
God, we are a bunch of walking wounded :laugh:
and I have a couple of ridiculously deep emotional ones too...but it seems we all have.
ding ding ding...loading
:hyper: vertigo
:dance:

I have a scar just over my right eyebrow I got in a tussle with a couple of horses (needless to say, I lost.). Damaged the nerve too.

A few other small facial scars -- two in my lower lip from piercings, and one right down the center of my nose from a cousin.

Two tiny scars from arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn ligament in my wrist.

A burn scar on the back of my right hand. I was a bit of a pyromaniac when I was little and managed to drip burning plastic on myself. On the good side, it looked kinda like a map of the US -- even had Alaska and Hawaii

I jumped off a stone wall (not very high) when I was little and managed to split my knee open. Left a nice scar.

Got mauled by the dog when I was five. Some guy stopped as he was driving by and held me over his head as the dog leapt for me. I have two scars on each calf from where his teeth sank in.

Many, many small scars from cat and dog scratches, mostly on arms and legs. New ones weekly!

Surprisingly, considering all the crap I did when I was a kid, I have no broken bones or other major injuries.

I got a small scar at the end of my right eyebrow. To this day I'm not sure how I got it. :ohmy: You can only see it when you get closer to my face and it make me look cooler. :up:

I got one on my right hip. I think I was like 8 or something, I was playing football and fell and was dragged by the speed on the sandy ground (no grass). That fucking hurt. But I didn't cried. :D

i got a scar on my right cheek (not visible most the time cos luckily its in my smile line), i was eating sugar from a bowl when i was about 3 and i fell of the bench and the spoon i was using went through my cheek (ouch)

and ive got a scar on my forehead - not very big - someone hit me with a bottle in my head - when i saw the blood i freaked out cos i thought it was coming from my eye - but its not that big

I have a long scar on my left foot from the time when I dropped a salad bowl on it. I also have various scars on my knees that were incurred through football (soccer) mishaps, plus one on my elbow that came as a result of tripping head-first down an escalator.

I was clumsy as a child.

I have a 4 inch scar on the outside of my left knee that I got while playing choo-choo train down a very steep dirt and rock hill with 20 other kids. One of us triped dragging the rest of us down. Everyone was freaking out watching 20 kids rolling head over ass down this hill. I did'nt even know I was hurt till I felt the tidal wave of blood flowing down my leg but as wide as the gash was it did'nt hurt till I got those freaking stiches. I also have a old thumb sucking scar. I went to sleep with thumb in mouth and I guess I was hungry I woke up with a mouth full of blood and two deep bites in the crease of my thumb. I guess I was a heavy sleeper.

I've got a huge scar on my stomach from my bout with appendicitis (it had burst and some serious internal draining was needed). There's a smaller one right next to it, from where they actually took out the appendix.

I've also got one on my knee courtesy of my cousin when we were kids.

And one on my middle finger (right on the joint closest to the tip) -- not sure how I got that one.

I'm gonna starting calling Beli the Local Pollster :laugh:

* Above my right eye after falling into the back of a wooden chair, thereby requiring stiches.

* My left elbow from my roll-over car accident as it had scraped along the asfault a bit.

* My right knee from when I nearly skinned it when I was young.

* Many minor cuts and scrapes from my very own demon kitty (Pita).

* Even more minor cuts and scrapes from working many years in retail with lots of broken glass.

My wings are severely scarred from leaping out of trees and flying directly into the ground.

I have two big ol' scars on my left forearm that are the result of a fight with a rabbit (I lost the fight)

I also have a small scar on my chest near where my left arm meets my body where a doctor took off a dodgy mole. He put the stitches in too tight and so now I've got little scars where the stiches went in as well as where the mole was

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom