when you feel the need to shock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
...try wearing traditional West African garments to a coffee break in England and watch everyone stare and try not to be obvious in wondering what kind of planet you're from. lol.

Hi all. I've just popped over to Europe for a quick vacation from my African life and as my dad has a digital camera, I thought I'd share a few pics. I simply had to go all out when coming here as it's my first time off the continent since I joined Peace Corps. So I had my hair braided and my hands and feet henna'd. Add a robe I bought in Timbuktu and voila. good times. (and a bit chilly...brrr)

33%3A6688323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E23235367%3B6652ot1lsi

33%3A6688323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E23235367%3B4768ot1lsi

you look so cool!:hyper: i get looks all the time, cos i wear orange pants and hippy clothes. NASTY looks. evil, small minded people. are henna tatoos easy to do? they sell kits in a shop in town, mabey i could try it out...:D

aww, you all are so sweet. :cute:

the hair took around 5 hours, which was a lot faster than usual. :huh: Normally, I pay one woman to do it and that takes an entire day. This time I went to a salon and there were about four girls yanking on my head at the same time.

the henna took only about an hour. not long to paint but you have to let it dry before washing. my hands are already fading tho. :( ah well, c'est comme ca.

Anyways, now I am in the Netherlands. Stayed with Popmartijn last night (thank you Marty!) am with DrTeeth at the moment and we are all going to meet up tomorrow, including the well-beloved Salome. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom