When is your meatloaf night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meatloaf. :yuck: Absolutely HATED it as a child. I'm a shitty cook, so I wouldn't trust myself to make it properly. I'd probably burn it, or it would taste terrible.

I have a couple of good meatloaf recipes and my mom used to make a good meatloaf. Mmmmmm meatloaf samiches :drool:

One recipe I have is meatloaf with cheese inside it and when 3/4 cooked, wrapped up in that frozen bread dough thawed & rolled out and brushed with egg yolk and baked till brown. Talk about fat and calories.....but goooodddd stuff!

Meatloaf baked with roasted potatoes and carrots in the pan was a hearty meal on weekends when growing up.

Guess what--we had fellowship lunch today & we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, & peas. :drool: (Hey Dis--if you live near the ocean--then yes I will marry you & cook you meatloaf anytime :wink: )

Bonochick said:

I use crushed saltines in mine.

:yes:

I did also. It was really very good -- and great cold for sandwiches.

But now I don't eat meat so I've made "Special K"* loaf which is really very good also. :)

* Made with the cereal, not the drug. :wink:

I like meatloaf a lot... But I haven't made it for a while...

So, thanks for this thread, I now have a good idea for dinner :wink:

tiny dancer said:
Haven't had it in ages, because I don't eat a lot of red meat due to my cholesterol. It runs in the family.

Try Lipitor :wink: It allows me to have meat anytime! but I am not a fan of meatloaf. Whenever my mother used to make it I'd leave the house :sick:

ooOOoooH Meatloaf! :ohmy:

My hubby makes a great meatloaf... he uses oats... I like catsup on it...

but in a sandwich, it has to be mustard.

When I was growing up the only TV dinner by brother would eat was the meatloaf... in that tomato-ish sauce. It was spongey.

hayguyzwhatsgoingoninthismeatloafth.jpg

Every night, man, every night.

Back
Top Bottom