When is it time to say good bye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One issue that has just began to gather steam in the national media is Joe Paterno's job security at Penn State. All the heavies at ESPN have weighed in on this.

Paterno's teams have been in steady decline for almost a decade now, topped off by 4 losing seasons in its last five.

Some experts say its a lack of talent, others point to coaching/player development failures.

I personally am camped with the coaching/P-D group. The talent, although not as strong as that of USC's or OU's, is definately there. They have a bunch of players that a lot of other schools were hot after out of HS. Even the "Five Turnstiles" that make up the offensive line were heavily recruited.

As recently as the start of the season, I was firmly entrenched with the crowd that believed Joe should be able to go out when he wants. Now my opinion is totally opposite. The offense has completely regressed, even worse than last season. Yet he refuses to play a freshman QB that was rated higher than Michigan's Chad Henne.

Just curious what the thoughts are on this from other parts of the country. Debating this with other PSU fans provides a narrow view of things.....

Last edited:
he should step down and be given some sort of other role to do with the team in some aspect somehow, but he really needs to step down.

Yeah, it's like the thread about when a good player should give it up. Fade away before you burn out.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Joe Paterno should step down when he feels like stepping down. He's earned that right. For the sake of Penn State's program, hopefully that's soon.

Yep Joe Pa deserves to go out whenever he feels like going out. This coming from a buckeye fan--the guy has earned the respect of every college football fan.

Back
Top Bottom