when did you start to feel old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I had to increase the text size on my computer monitor.

But I still look damn good.

:wink:

when I turned 29 on this april 15th, but good thing, I got carded for smokes today! and I found some grey hairs. so that made me kinda sad, but I think I look okay for almost 30!

I was working setting up an art show at a little college I used to live near and one of the current students was helping me. As we were chatting I mentioned I had graduated from the high school that used to be on the grounds. She said she didn't know there had been a high school there and asked when this was. I told her when I graduated and her eyes got really big and she said "Wow, I wasn't even born then!"

Yeah. That was it. :|

And I get to feel it again every time I check the age of some of the people posting in this thread and find they weren't born when I graduated from high school either! Hell, some of you weren't even born when I graduated from college. :sad:

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
When my 13 year old daughter had to explain to me what emo is.

I had to look it up on the internet.
I feel old when,
I walk into a room and forget why I'm there,
I grunt when I stand up,
I'm in my jammies by 6 and barely awake by 10,
I like to go to bed early so that I can be up early, best part of the day,
I don't instinctively know what's hot and not, I have no idea,
I see teenagers and think their hair/clothes are ridiculous,
the clothes I wore in school are back,
my favourite songs are on the classics hits station,
I quite like watching The Bill or Parkinson,
people tell me I should have babies soon or it'll be too late,
I buy new shoes and my Mum has bought the same pair, like some freaky twin thing,
I have a sensible hairdo,
everyone has to be quiet when the weathers on,
my handbag has a pen, tissues, bandaids, comb, chewy, hairpins, brolly, gloves, chapstick, panadol, lots of receipts - be prepared for anything,
I clutch my purse a little tighter when hooligans are around,
I use stupid words like hooligans,
I have lots of Best of CDS, Simon & Garfunkal, Tom Jones etc, not very hip,
I go on and on and on not thinking that I may be boring everyone.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop to look around once in a while, you might miss it.
:madwife:

indra said:
And I get to feel it again every time I check the age of some of the people posting in this thread and find they weren't born when I graduated from high school either! Hell, some of you weren't even born when I graduated from college. :sad:

Argh! and every time I read about some poster here who mentions they first got into U2 by listening to their PARENTS's copy of Joshua Tree :grumpy:

:first U2 album was October:

:in the year it was released: :(

cinnaminson said:

my handbag has a pen, tissues, bandaids, comb, chewy, hairpins, brolly, gloves, chapstick, panadol, lots of receipts - be prepared for anything,

and you might remember a show called 'Let's Make A Deal' - you would certainly have been prepared :hug:

:giggle: at MrBaw :hug:

One of my responses would be that recently I started having to take 16 pills a day for an illness. And I had to buy a pillcase so that if I'm not home, I will have them with me wherever I go. :sigh:

Oh, and one more thing that makes me feel old. When every store displays only strapless, sleeveless, halter or spaghetti strap tops. They're just not my style. Maybe my daughters, but not mine anymore :sigh:

I'm 36 & don't consider myself old at all. But it was very sobering this year on my birthday to realize I have reached the age my mother was when I turned 16. Holy crap! :ohmy: :giggle:

Angela Harlem said:
when i started wearing pyjamas in the daytime
when i started hating teenagers
when i started hating a lot of modern music
when i started hating things in general
when i started caring about politics
when i started a dedicated superannuation plan

:grumpy:

:up:

when your friends' kids are getting married and having kids
when you listen to new bands and have serious 70s/80s flashbacks
when you go to a bar and all the kids look too young to be drinking
when you gotta have urban dictionary open to understand Interference posts
when you start sounding like your parents
when you start looking like your parents
when you start thinking about retirement
when you start wondering if you'll make it until you retire
when you start to hate everything.

bayou12780 said:

:up:

when your friends' kids are getting married and having kids
when you listen to new bands and have serious 70s/80s flashbacks
when you go to a bar and all the kids look too young to be drinking
when you gotta have urban dictionary open to understand Interference posts
when you start sounding like your parents
when you start looking like your parents
when you start thinking about retirement
when you start wondering if you'll make it until you retire
when you start to hate everything.

when you write posts like this.

I felt really old last week while on vacation in Vegas. My husband and I did the strip the first day and that was enough for us! I remember when I used to go to Vegas and practically LIVE on the strip for days!!! I actually prefer the low key old Fremont Street part now!! :huh: :lol:

RedrocksU2 said:
When I say; I love that Depeche Mode song! ...and then someone else says; oh yeah, my mom loves that one too

:|

OMG!! I hear ya......or when I say I saw INSX in concert....before Michael Hutchins died:huh:

I'm only going to be 20 in a little less than two months and I am already starting to feel old. My teen years went WAY TOO FAST. I just look at the calender and wonder where the time went. :sigh:
Some old moments of mine:

- I can't lean over the tub to wash my hair without my back hurting when I stand back up like I could before.
- My knees crack everytime I stand up.
- Finding out I had arthritis in my knees when I was 16.
- Sleeping less and less as the years go by/Problems with insomnia.
- Having problems standing back up after getting down to pick something up.

:huh: You'd swear I was 40 instead of 20 with those "make you feel old" moments.

i sorta felt elderly the other day when i was seriously struggling to alight from a parked car. it took me a good 2 minutes and a shitload of rocking momentum to get my ass up and out. to my defense though, we were parked on a 60-degree incline. :shrug:

I felt old on Sunday night when we were craving chocolate chip cookies at 9:00, and I excitedly asked, "Should we be wild and stay up late baking cookies?!"

That's what I consider "wild"? Staying up an hour past our usual 10:00 bedtime to bake some cookies?

I give other 25 year olds a bad name.

TripThruUreWires said:
i sorta felt elderly the other day when i was seriously struggling to alight from a parked car. it took me a good 2 minutes and a shitload of rocking momentum to get my ass up and out. to my defense though, we were parked on a 60-degree incline. :shrug:
:lol: but not in a bad way.
I thought i was really old when i turned 40 but then i keep hearing 40 is the new 30 and then i definitely feel old on this forum

*browneyedgirl* said:
:lol: but not in a bad way.
I thought i was really old when i turned 40 but then i keep hearing 40 is the new 30 and then i definitely feel old on this forum

Just know that there are older folk than you around here. It's all those dang newbies who are bringing down the average! :madwife: ;)

When friends began having children.....
I felt even older after breaking my leg last year ~ nice case of post-traumatic arthritis :happy:
and now after a concert last night I feel even older. Really irritated with some people who pushed their way in front of me, a friend and some other people who had stood there for a couple hours waiting for the main act. They just strolled in as the main act began and planted themselves. Really, really rude! :madwife:
In the past that stuff bugged me but I would just let it roll off my shoulders. Today I am still feeling rather hostile :crotchetyoldwoman:

MsPurrl said:

Just know that there are older folk than you around here. It's all those dang newbies who are bringing down the average! :madwife: ;)

it took me a while to admit my age here, but i like my age (42)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom