When Bryan Adams used to rock!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
A long time ago before Bryan Adams started making inane songs like I Wanna Be Your Underwear or singing duets with Spice girls, he used to actually rock... quite a bit! I have fond memories of watching the Can't Stop This Thing We Started video and thinking... My God, this song is such fun! I bought Waking Up The Neighbours when it came out and still like parts of that album. And of course, there's the classics such as Summer Of '69, which every human being probably knows, Run To You and Cuts Like A Knife! Come to think of it, even his ballads like Heaven or Everything I Do were great for the time they came out! Or is that just the nostalgia talking? :wink:

I liked that duet with disgusting Spice. What was it called ???? :scratch: I had it on heavy rotation :reject:

Bryan´s live8 performance was solid :up:

But i prefer his older stuff, like what Zooty mentioned.

yimou said:
I liked that duet with disgusting Spice. What was it called ???? :scratch: I had it on heavy rotation :reject:

When You're Gone with Mel C. My sister loved that song and used to sing it all the time! :laugh: It's a nice song I guess but the lyrics are nothing great.

phanan said:
Reckless is a kick ass album, I don't care what anyone says. With the exception of Heaven, the whole thing rocks from start to finish.

I've thought about getting that album but have never gotten around to doing it. I love Run To You!

Zootlesque said:
And of course, there's the classics such as Summer Of '69, which every human being probably knows, Run To You and Cuts Like A Knife! Come to think of it, even his ballads like Heaven or Everything I Do were great for the time they came out! Or is that just the nostalgia talking? :wink:

The classic rockers are worthy. Those ballads are your nostalgia talking.

Agreed on the rockers. A little cheesy, but not too bad and loads of singalong value. The ballads/post-Wake Up the Neighbors anything - utter crap, but in the very best way. I have the live at Slane DVD, and even enjoy a lot of the more recent singles in that context. I was looking through the tracklisting of his most recent anthology... he's re-recorded "When You're Gone" with Pamela Anderson... to which I say, in the great words of the End of the World cartoon Australins, "WTF mate?"

My dad and I went to see Bryan Adams in concert last year and it was a really awesome concert. His voice sounded great and he was very energetic. He also cranked out all of his hits, and despite the fact that he had a new album coming out.. he didn't play any songs off of it. Great show, will remain one of my favs.

Back
Top Bottom