What's Your IQ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index_main.jsp

"- A score between 70 and 84 places you below the population average
- A score between 85 and 99 puts you slightly below the population average, but is in the normal range
- A score of 100 represents the population average
- A score between 101 and 115 puts you above the population average, but is in the normal range
- A score between 116 and 130 means that your IQ might be significantly above the population average
-Scores of 130 and above puts you significantly above the population average
144 is the highest possible score."

I got a 131 and my intellectual type is Word Warrior. What did you get?

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates.

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates.

:) hmmm...always thought i was pretty pathetic at maths actually.

eff the IQ test! it is full of lies, and creates a false sense of hope. all it means is that i know how to take the test. i suck at math, and my vocabulary is equivalent to that of a 5th grade education. :madspit:

I scored 142, and I'm Facts Curator. Though I'm glad to see I went down a couple of points :up: This prob isn't the official test though.

Actually when I was a young girl, having experienced the horrible death of my father, best friend and my grandmother all within about eight months, my mother said I had to visit this psychiatric/psychotherapist doctor to make sure that I went through the ordeals normally.

As a young six year old, I sat there explaining to the doctor that I was afraid for my mother, a young woman herself, who probably had a "nervous breakdown" (yes, I used this word) and wasn't able to care for me, so I had to "hide" my bereavement.

He quickly motioned for an IQ test, and I passed with flying-assed colors. I'm not posting it, but those aren't the kinds of questions they would ask in a normal IQ test- the questions I see on internet IQ tests, would they?

In my personal opinion: there is common sense, book smart, and emotional maturity. There's probably no way to actually "measure" that.
Some people excel in some of those while completely lacking in other subjects. For example, my cousin is 18 and she's totally smart and is accepted to all the Ivy league colleges she's applied to, but has no sense in social living. It's like she's young all over again, she's like a kid. Can't do on her own. She doesn't even know that you need to separate darks from whites when doing laundry. But, haha, who needs to know that when you're on your way to a six-figure plus salary? Haha.

And then there's this other girl I know who is an intelligent young lady but lowers herself to a level, like myspace wars with headlines, that just proves that she hasn't reached that emotional intelligence.

So, I don't really believe in "tests".

But I do believe whomever can answer this statement, correctly, gets what I'm saying:

"Who is smarter? A whole class at Yale? Or the inmates at {crap I forgot the name of the prison}?"

Answer me that. You'll know what I mean.

Congratulations, Stefan!
Your IQ score is 136

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Ahh so I'm almost a genius.
Pfft, what do these tests mean anyway :wink:

absintheminded said:
Actually when I was a young girl, having experienced the horrible death of my father, best friend and my grandmother all within about eight months, my mother said I had to visit this psychiatric/psychotherapist doctor to make sure that I went through the ordeals normally.

As a young six year old, I sat there explaining to the doctor that I was afraid for my mother, a young woman herself, who probably had a "nervous breakdown" (yes, I used this word) and wasn't able to care for me, so I had to "hide" my bereavement.

He quickly motioned for an IQ test, and I passed with flying-assed colors. I'm not posting it, but those aren't the kinds of questions they would ask in a normal IQ test- the questions I see on internet IQ tests, would they?

In my personal opinion: there is common sense, book smart, and emotional maturity. There's probably no way to actually "measure" that.
Some people excel in some of those while completely lacking in other subjects. For example, my cousin is 18 and she's totally smart and is accepted to all the Ivy league colleges she's applied to, but has no sense in social living. It's like she's young all over again, she's like a kid. Can't do on her own. She doesn't even know that you need to separate darks from whites when doing laundry. But, haha, who needs to know that when you're on your way to a six-figure plus salary? Haha.

And then there's this other girl I know who is an intelligent young lady but lowers herself to a level, like myspace wars with headlines, that just proves that she hasn't reached that emotional intelligence.

So, I don't really believe in "tests".

But I do believe whomever can answer this statement, correctly, gets what I'm saying:

"Who is smarter? A whole class at Yale? Or the inmates at {crap I forgot the name of the prison}?"

Answer me that. You'll know what I mean.

Yeah that's why I'm not a big fan of the IQ test myself. I think it really is a measure of your ability to take a test. These things are timed, and there's all sorts of other factors to consider for individuals taking the test.

I don't like my score, I don't think it is a true reflection of who I am. I said it provides this false sense of hope, because it told me I had some sort of illogical potential. When in reality, I've never been to Harvard, and I have no intentions to go. I struggled in college, and I'm struggling in graduate school. I say sometimes really stupid things...and often things need to be drilled into my head before I remember them. I also get major test anxiety.

So I can look at a pattern and predict the missing piece, or the next way the pieces will move. What does that make me?

I wonder though, if this is perhaps because I have preconceived notions on what "intelligence" is supposed to mean that are different from what "intelligence" really is. I think IQ tests can also be flawed in that if someone takes the test over and over, they may remember questions from last time. Therefore, their score increases because of ability to retain memory and because of repetition. But is that really intelligence?

:shrug:

Interesting thread though! Last time I had a discussion about this was a long time ago. Thanks for starting this :up:

Congratulations, Kat!

Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

Congratulations, Lisa!
Your IQ score is 131

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

:shrug:

Your IQ score is 129!

Your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game -- to imagine or anticipate what should happen next in just about any situation. Because you're equally skilled in the numerical and verbal universes of the brain, you can draw from multiple sources of information to come up with new ideas and this makes you a Visionary Philosopher.

.... apparently. I'm not much good at these tests, but academically I'm not bad, so all I think they really prove is whether or not you're good at doing well at an IQ test :shrug: Maybe that's just my excuse for not doing well :wink:

redhotswami said:
So I can look at a pattern and predict the missing piece, or the next way the pieces will move. What does that make me?

Deciphering patterns or predicting sequences is an exercise in spatial thinking. If you have an acuity in this area, it means that you are probably a creative problem-solver and that you have the ability to understand complex relationships involving physical or non-physical constructs (like time). Spatiality is vital to the practice of many disciplines, so questions on an "I.Q. test" pertaining to geometry, puzzles, and complex scenarios are completely relevant. Aptitude tests tend to have a great deal of spatial problems for similar reasons.

Pinball Wizard said:

Deciphering patterns or predicting sequences is an exercise in spatial thinking. If you have an acuity in this area, it means that you are probably a creative problem-solver and that you have the ability to understand complex relationships involving physical or non-physical constructs (like time). Spatiality is vital to the practice of many disciplines, so questions on an "I.Q. test" pertaining to geometry, puzzles, and complex scenarios are completely relevant. Aptitude tests tend to have a great deal of spatial problems for similar reasons.

True. I know I can rock out some spatial problems. Tetris was my jam! But my point is that the intelligence that this test measures really means nothing...at least to me. For my score I should've been a rocket scientist or something. I'm not really technical at all. LOL this test measures ability to solve problems but does not take into account the anxiety that comes with it! What I was saying was I could do these things, but I really have a hard time believing that I have "above average" intelligence. If someone were to hire me on my IQ results alone, they'd be disappointed and heartbroken.

Congratulations, Kenny!
Your IQ score is 118

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Congratulations, Jim!
Your IQ score is 133

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Congratulations, Patti!
Your IQ score is 129

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

You are gifted with the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

Insightful linguists can take complex concepts and articulate them to just about anyone. You have a gift with words and insight into processes and the way people think. These talents enable you to explain things clearly to people.

Back
Top Bottom