What's your guilty pleasure??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheesy pop. Brit and US. Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, I'm a sucker for a really good, catchy pop tune.

My new favorite is Rachel Stevens - that shit is gooooood.

Also recently discovered Girls Aloud ("Wake Me Up" kicks so much ass), the new, tarty Charlotte Church.

And now, for my guiltiest confession: I heard the new Ashlee Simpson CD today ... and I really liked a lot of the songs.

Usually I don't feel guilty about any of my pleasures, but in the spirit of this thread, I'll just say this:

:reject:

:wink:

inmyplace13 said:
blink-182's self-titled record...

:reject:

I never liked their other stuff but I just like the album and it's a big time guilty pleasure

Same here, looove that album, despite the fact that the lead singer's voice is incredibly annoying.

#1 guilty pleasure...Coldplay. Yes, as much as I slag them, I actually don't just like, but LOVE Coldplay. Their recent desires to "take out U2" and the fact that they're suddenly sounding like a copy of U2 is annoying, and their lyrics kind of suck, and Chris Martin sings the same melody like every song...but damnit, I love them anyway. A Rush of Blood to the Head is a 5-star album, easily. Parachutes is underrated and Don't Panic is one of my favourite songs ever. And X&Y is growing on me...despite it's blatant U2ness, I can't help but love it.

I must admit, I quite like Coldplay too (even though I was a bit dissapointed with X&Y, it's not bad but it's not as good as Parachutes or ROBTTH).

Can't really think of any other guilty pleasures of mine at the moment though, Im sure theres one or two lurking around somewhere that I have forgot...:uhoh:

To those who said Savage Garden, I concur. "Universe" I feel is both underrated and possibly one of the best "make out" songs I've heard in years. :reject:

I love those fun 80's songs like " you spin me right round baby"

I do not even know who it is by.:reject:

AtomicBono said:

#1 guilty pleasure...Coldplay. Yes, as much as I slag them, I actually don't just like, but LOVE Coldplay. Their recent desires to "take out U2" and the fact that they're suddenly sounding like a copy of U2 is annoying, and their lyrics kind of suck, and Chris Martin sings the same melody like every song...but damnit, I love them anyway. A Rush of Blood to the Head is a 5-star album, easily. Parachutes is underrated and Don't Panic is one of my favourite songs ever. And X&Y is growing on me...despite it's blatant U2ness, I can't help but love it.

Same for me. I really like them even if C.Martin annoys me a little bit sometimes. Great show here in Lisbon a few days ago. Oh, and X&Y it's my favourite of their 3 albums, looks like another guilty pleasure :eyebrow:

Don't Panic, Shiver, Politik, Yellow, Clocks, White Shadows, Fix You, A Message, Swallowed in the sea :bow:

Carmelu2fan said:
I love those fun 80's songs like " you spin me right round baby"

I do not even know who it is by.:reject:

Its called 'You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)' by Dead or Alive.

:cool: It's a great pop song!

Tilli said:

Its called 'You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)' by Dead or Alive.

:cool: It's a great pop song!

Very cool song :up:

Words by F.R.David :happy: one of my guilty pleasures

typhoon said:
I like country and bluegrass. Not the modern radio stuff, but the good stuff. I don't feel guilty about that, though.

I hear you there! I like lots of bluegrass and folk music.

closet favorites:

pink
avril lavigne
dj tiesto
system of a down
taking back sunday
third eye blind

To tell the truth, U2.

They're completely unlike anything else I listen to, really... unless they released a damn fine shoegaze noise-rock album, although there's still a chance that won't happen. And they don't really flare well with any of my indie friends.

inmyplace13 said:
Ah what the hell, I like Jet too

You should feel guilty....

I want Kylie Minogue to be my guilty pleasure, cause I love some of "her" tunes such as Put Yourself in My Place, Better the Devil You Know, Some Kind of Bliss, Slow, Red Blooded Woman and Love at First Sight, so I need to get one of her greatest hits compilations...

...and she is a Melbourne girl, which makes her awesome...

Back
Top Bottom