What's your favorite scary movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTU2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Classic or new, as many as you want...

Night of the Living Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Exorcist
Halloween
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
Saw

Probably more...

I haven't watched too many scary movies but... I would say Silence Of The Lambs for sure! Even that title itself is scary!

That look on Sir Anthony Hopkins' face... the smile and the eyes... :yikes:

lambs9.jpg

Hannibal: Hi xavi

Zootlesque said:
lambs9.jpg

Hannibal: Hi xavi

howdy :wave:

I never found that movie scary...:shrug:

I found it more suspenseful.....

but hey "The Exorcist" scared the SHIT out of me when I was a young boy:yikes:

Exorcist-head-spin.jpg

and I am also scared of clowns :reject:

Halloween
Jaws
The Shining
The Omen (1976, Gregory Peck bitches!!!)
Psycho

On the bubble: The Silence of the Lambs, Slither, Grindhouse :drool::drool:

And The Exorcist scares the hell out of me too. The worst scenes are actually the Captain Howdy dream scenes, no audio in a horror movie scares me more than anything else.

love_u2_adam said:
The Decent

Ah forgot about that one, those little cave buggers scared the crap outta me.

I don't really think of Silence & stuff like Se7en as horror, but if they are then they're favs also. Oh I forgot...

The Shining

Great movie. Also am I the only one who likes Phantasm? That tall guy was one scary mother.

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Shining
The Omen (1976, Gregory Peck bitches!!!)

Yes!! Both are scary as heck! Also, a more recent one... The Ring!

I thought The Descent was horrible. I was actually laughing thru the movie.

I'm not a huge fan of scary movies, I usually just find them cheesy as hell. That being said, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre scared the crap out of me :yikes::crazy:

CTU2fan said:

I don't really think of Silence & stuff like Se7en as horror, but if they are then they're favs also.

I would never classify Silence Of The Lambs as a horror. There's a big difference between the fear you experience when you watch psychological thrillers (like SOTL, Se7en, etc.) and horror flicks, I think. For one thing, traditional horror movies tend to be so cheesy and far-fetched that they're not even remotely frightening. I mean...

it-pennywise-howling.jpg

This was just amusing the first time I saw it. "They allllll float!" I jumped at a few spots, but it wasn't scary. I didn't give this movie - or others like it - a second thought after I watched it.

anthony_hopkins_jodie_foster_the_si.jpg

This, on the other hand, was utterly disturbing the first time I watched it. The tension in those scenes between Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster was something else. I felt nervy even after I had finished watching it. Those kinds of films get into your head.

So I guess there's some leeway in the definition of "scary" when it comes to movies. There are the minor thrills associated with slasher/gory/horror films and the major ones associated with psychological thrillers.

I totally agree with the difference between a horror movie and a thriller. If I want to get grossed out or maybe laugh, I'll watch a horror movie, but if I want to get seriously fucked up, I'll watch a thriller.

BEEP, BEEP REGGIE!

Thanks GG I needed a giant picture of Pennywise before I went to sleep

*turnsonallthelights*

My favorite scary movie is definently Thir13een Ghosts...I think it's the only horror movie I can quote practically every word of (much to the displeasure of my friends who are watching it for the first time) plus, that's the movie that made me fall in love with Tony Shalhoub and start watching Monk, so yeah

Also, after TG would be:
It
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (I freakin' love that movie)
The new and old House on Haunted Hill
and
maybe Halloween I&II

I'm not really into a lot of the more recent movies, they all seem like pointless gorefests to me :shrug:

I disagree that horror films and those films thriller films with a horror element are different. Too often, you see the pyschological thriller and gore in the same movie. For example take a film like Night Of The Living Dead where you have gore as well as a deep sense of pyschological suspense. Seven and Silence Of The Lambs are pyschologically involving but still have gore.

It's funny, the movie IT was sort of amusing without being really scary at all (IMO), but the BOOK, oh man that scared the hell outta me. Pet Sematary is another...cheesy movie, horrific novel.

Back
Top Bottom