What's your favorite flower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
olana_morning_glories_single_400.jpg

Morning Glories. :)

Seeing all these pictures, there are so many beautiful flowers. I love sunflowers (my room used to be all done in sunflowers), gerber daisies, irises and poppies (yellow-orange California variety). Those really round, cream roses that are used in wedding bouquets are also gorgeous (especially when they have that pink shading around the edge).

Yellow roses....
apparently they mean friendship, not love, but they're so boo-ti-ful.

& Lillies and Orchids.

I actually love wildflowers too. No particular typre, just random bunches of stuff that grows in fields. I find they're often the prettiest.

Right heer , right now

I still love them all, but tonight, just as dusk descended I noticed all the cactus flower buds starting to open. They will bloom in the darkness. I brought one of the pots inside and it took about 2 hours to open. This cactus is particularly prolific one, I have divided it into lots of different pots. Anyone know their cacti varieties? I call it the "white one".
This photo was taken a couple of years ago when it bloomed in the daytime. I love my garden and have got some new energy for it lately...look out....I won't post pics.I have about 3gazillion. I used to take too many photos of plants really and "my" Pentax has died recently.
But there is so much beauty....even in the drought, the day lillies are budding, japoticabas...even mangoes the size of a brasil nut on the tre.(they may not stay on if it continues to be so dry over summer)
gardens, flowers... biodiversity and U2 ahhhhhhh :wave:

Attachments

• cactus.jpg
    cactus.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 15
I really like Forget-me-nots as well. Such an understated flower.

199905-forget-me-nots.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'd melt if a guy ever sent/gave me purple orchids.

:drool: :drool:

i am still waiting for guys to wake up and send me Iris'...amazing out of all of the guys that i have ever dated not one of them has used their brain to buy me Iris'...idiots... if a guy even presents me with just a single Iris flower, i am sure i will die a happy girl right there on the spot. :lol:

funny you should mention irises, MissVelvetDress, owner of that lovely beagle up there:)
I bought quite a few bunches of irises when my friend Craig died. I had the job of buying the flowers for his wife on behalf of our soccer club. I bought her a vase and the irisies and popped in a tiny purple teddy bear my sister had given me( I thought/hoped it would mean something more...i LOVED that bear...our club is called THE BEARS!!!).
ANYWAY.
I found a book yesterday, it is so beautiful (except it is perfumed with Penhaligon's Violetta and it is spinning me out a bit, I am sensitive to some perfumes...unfortunately)
The book is called "The Language of Flowers"...it has poems and legends and the most beautiful series of paintings for each flower. I love the last one"Lotus Lillies" by Charles Courtnet Curran..all lovely.

I'll leave you this listahhh flowers
Anemone...forsaken
Bluebell...constancy
Camellia....perfected loveliness
Columbine....folly
Daffodil...regard and chivalry
Daisy...innocence
Forget-me -not...true love ( it has a sad sad tale):sad:
Iris...message
Jasmine...grace and elegance
Lily...purity
Lilly-of-the-Valley....return of happiness
Orchid...a belle
Pansy....thoughts
Rose...love
Tulip...declaration of love
Water Lilly...purity of heart

I would send roses, sweet peas and white camellias to someone I loved.

Water Lily
purity of heart
Now folds the lilly all her sweetness up,
And slips into the bosom of the lake.
So fold thyself, my dearest, thou, and slip
Into my bosom and be lost in me.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

Attachments

• ddcradle.jpg
    ddcradle.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
cass said:
funny you should mention irises, MissVelvetDress, owner of that lovely beagle up there:)
I bought quite a few bunches of irises when my friend Craig died. I had the job of buying the flowers for his wife on behalf of our soccer club. I bought her a vase and the irisies and popped in a tiny purple teddy bear my sister had given me( I thought/hoped it would mean something more...i LOVED that bear...our club is called THE BEARS!!!).
ANYWAY.
I found a book yesterday, it is so beautiful (except it is perfumed with Penhaligon's Violetta and it is spinning me out a bit, I am sensitive to some perfumes...unfortunately)
The book is called "The Language of Flowers"...it has poems and legends and the most beautiful series of paintings for each flower. I love the last one"Lotus Lillies" by Charles Courtnet Curran..all lovely.

I'll leave you this listahhh flowers

Iris...message

:( i am sorry to read about your friend Craig, I am sure your flowers and bear brought special meaning to his wife.

I will have to look for that book. Since my real name is Iris, I have iris pictures, mugs and even a blanket with irises on it. my beagle in my avatar has passed away, and i have been wanting to plant a special type of flower on his grave. I believe now I have discovered what that plant should be. I am going to plant some irises because it is a perfect spot for them to grow. :(

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your puppy...

IRIS
Thou art the Iris, fair among the fairest,
Who, armed with golden rod
And winged with the celestial azure, bearest
The message of some God.

Thou art the Muse, who far from crowded cities

Hauntest the sylvan streams,
Playing on pipes of reed the artless ditties
That come to us as dreams

O flower-de-luce, bloom on, and let the river
Linger to kiss thy feet!
O flower of song, bloom on, and make for ever
The world more fair and sweet

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Iris was the messenger of the ancient Greek gods and she appeared to mortals on earth in th eshape of a rainbow. The glorious arc was said to be the flight if IRIS winging a message across the sky.
if you would like the book velvetdress , you are welcome. I can't keep it because of the perfume.It is only pocketsized....and pretty.(pm me if u wish) I like the page about Daisies...i thought of icelle... but when I see a rainbow, I'll think of you and all the beautiful Irises and listen for their message.
BLOOM ON!
orlando bloom :sexywink:

I am about to build a monument to my old horse who died in August 1981. I was going to just build a rock cairn, but I might put wildflowers amongst it too...he loved clover:yes:
PSS: thanks for your condolences, his wife is a very special woman and has got on with it.....still too sad though. I spent Sunday with his 6 year old son..he misses his dad so much...it will be OK..everybody hurts sometimes.

woops typos

maybe this will make you smile...th every rare"dogfern" it seldom flowers and fruits and has never been captured on film before....

Attachments

• dog fern.jpg
    dog fern.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Re: I'm sorry about your puppy...

cass said:
IRIS
Thou art the Iris, fair among the fairest,
Who, armed with golden rod
And winged with the celestial azure, bearest
The message of some God.

Thou art the Muse, who far from crowded cities

Hauntest the sylvan streams,
Playing on pipes of reed the artless ditties
That come to us as dreams

O flower-de-luce, bloom on, and let the river
Linger to kiss thy feet!
O flower of song, bloom on, and make for ever
The world more fair and sweet

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Iris was the messenger of the ancient Greek gods and she appeared to mortals on earth in th eshape of a rainbow. The glorious arc was said to be the flight if IRIS winging a message across the sky.
if you would like the book velvetdress , you are welcome. I can't keep it because of the perfume.It is only pocketsized....and pretty.(pm me if u wish) I like the page about Daisies...i thought of icelle... but when I see a rainbow, I'll think of you and all the beautiful Irises and listen for their message.
BLOOM ON!
orlando bloom :sexywink:

I am about to build a monument to my old horse who died in August 1981. I was going to just build a rock cairn, but I might put wildflowers amongst it too...he loved clover:yes:
PSS: thanks for your condolences, his wife is a very special woman and has got on with it.....still too sad though. I spent Sunday with his 6 year old son..he misses his dad so much...it will be OK..everybody hurts sometimes.

woops typos

maybe this will make you smile...th every rare"dogfern" it seldom flowers and fruits and has never been captured on film before....

:D wow thanks! the picture did make me smile. :)

Back
Top Bottom