What's wrong with Oasis's HC album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dudeman said:

i love their b-sides. i've got them all through the first 3 albums, then lost track.
any chance someone could forward a couple of the best along?
craigmsmithmd@yahoo.com if you're willing and able.
cheers:wink:

Have you heard Let's All Make Believe? Excellent SOTSOG b-side :drool: I can share if you want :)

yertle-the-turtle said:
Why is no one pissing on Teenage Fanclub for ripping off Big Star?

there will be no pissing on teenage fanclub for any reason whatsoever, and certainly not for having good taste.
oasis put themselves in this position with all of their own masturbatory beatles talk. some songs sound beatley, others don't. most of them rule.

kafrun - i think i've heard that song, but am not sure. i'd love to hear it if you have a copy. my email is already posted somewhere in this thread.:wink:

Don't get me wrong. I like Teenage Fanclub. A lot. Same with Big Star.

I just find it funny most people single out Oasis as ripping off the Beatles when their arguments are usually ridiculously flat and could technically apply to the same TFC-Big Star example, for instance, except in this case most people think it's cool or something to hate Oasis but not so the Fannies.

I know I'm not making a lot of sense but it's something I do find annoying. Or like Radiohead and Neil Young, if you think about it.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I just find it funny most people single out Oasis as ripping off the Beatles when their arguments are usually ridiculously flat and could technically apply to the same TFC-Big Star example, for instance, except in this case most people think it's cool or something to hate Oasis but not so the Fannies.

I know I'm not making a lot of sense but it's something I do find annoying. Or like Radiohead and Neil Young, if you think about it.

i think you're absolutely right on.:up:
i reckon it's mainly just very fashionable to rag on oasis, doesn't hurt that they come off like incredible dickheads.
but the fanclub seem like such nice dudes, i figured i'd stick up for them. i love both these bands. better to rip off a good band than a shit band...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with Oasis's HC album?

Sleep Over Jack said:

That is only a small part of the song..its a bit of stretch to call it a Beatle-clone really. ;)

True enough. The beginning always makes me think of it, though, so that's why I always relate it to The Beatles.

yertle-the-turtle said:

Yeah..I've felt this way a long time. I mean, you get people showering praise on cult indie bands for successfully tapping into Revolver-period Beatles and when Oasis do it, they are blindly mocked for it...the bottom line is that no band should be attacked for simply being influenced.

Back
Top Bottom