What's the worst natural disaster you've ever been through?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I lived in Minnesota and Iowa we had tornados
Moved to Washington State where in 1980, Mount Saint Helens Blew up.
During the mid-nineties, I moved to Seattle where we had earthquakes.
On EQ I will never forget is the Nisqually Earthquake in Fabruary 2001.
I was taking a break before going to work when I aproached the bar ready to order a burrito at the Century Square Building when the shaking began.

Hmm, I think I would have to say the Brooklyn tornado just a couple of weeks ago! I live right where it hit shore after crossing from Staten Island (and I do mean literally right at the spot), Fortunately no structural damage to my building but boy, did it leave a mess. They're still cutting down wrecked trees and there's blue tarps over the roofs of a bunch of houses not far away. Still, in the scheme of things, pretty minor compared to a lot of other natural disasters.

It was August 28th 1990 ... An F5 Tornado in Plainfield, IL. :help:

I was visiting a friend at the time and we had to take shelter in her storm cellar. Her home suffered alot of damage ... (the roof was ripped off in her living room, and the outside wall to her dining room collapsed)
But, it was nothing compared to the massive ruins that surrounded us. WOW !! Talk about a reminder of how 'tornadoes' are so-ooo unpredictable. That is one day that forever remains in my mind ... a day I will never forget.

Back
Top Bottom