what's the weirdest thing you've eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was a little kid, I mean about 4, me and some other kids I played with used to eat sourgrass clover and honeysuckle. One day I dropped my Oreo in dirt and one of the other kids buried it in dirt then dared me to eat it. They said, God made dirt and dirt don't hurt :huh: Then I accidently swallowed a watermelon seed and had nightmares about plants taking root in my belly :lol:

Not eating...but, as some of you know, one time, I drank some laundry detergent while I was drunk. :|

As for consuming something on purpose while sober...I love olives and chocolate, but everybody around me finds that weird. When I brought some to work to have for a snack, my boss thought I was pregnant.

When I was 9 just about my entire school came down with the chickenpox and the buzz around school to prevent you from getting them was to drink your own urine :yuck: Needless to say I fell for it and downed a cup and puked for about an hour. Came down with the chickenpox the following week anyway. Maybe if I had kept it down it would have worked. I guess I was'nt to bright at 9 but as I said most of the school did it. Sorry if I grossed anyone out.

Bonochick said:
I love olives and chocolate, but everybody around me finds that weird. When I brought some to work to have for a snack, my boss thought I was pregnant.

:shifty: I get the same reactions from people when I eat peanut butter and mustard sandwiches :drool: I put mustard on just about everything :D

Mr. BAW said:
Underwood Devil Ham atop French toast then smothered with syrup! :)

oddly enough that actually does sound pretty good.

i've been trying to think of the strangest thing i've ever eaten. i've eaten a lot of strange things i guess. most of the strange things are not the food itself but the way it's presented at some of the gormet restaurants i've been to in nyc.

there was a middle-eastern restaurant that i ate at once here in dallas. some of those foods were pretty weird i guess, i think i just had steak though, but i remember we tried a drink, some sort of salty milk if i remember correctly. i don't remember the exact ingredients though. i don't even know how it's spelled but it sounded something like goh. that stuff was just nasty.

i think the strangest thing i'd ever eaten would have to be a pill bug when i was little :laugh:

:yumm:

pill.jpg

learn something new every day....on the website where i found that photo i learned something interesting about pill bugs just now. they're not actually insects at all. in fact it says they're related to crabs and lobsters. so maybe it wasn't so weird that i ate one after all :laugh: all this time i thought they were instects but they're not!

well being a vegetarian, I guess I dont get a chance to eat many animal derived 'wierd' food stuffs, however many of my friends think I am wierd due to my love and tolerance of chilli and I have been known to eat minced garlic by the spoonful, straight out of the jar:huh:

I ate buckets of sand and dirt until I was in preschool.

A few years back, my younger brother got a new gun and shot a squirrel a bunch of times and then didn't know what to do with it. So we ran a stick through it, put it on the grill for a bit, and ate it. It tasted like pork but a bit juicier.

I also tasted my guinea pig food once - it was like the taste equivalent of inhaling dust. No wonder why they squeel so loud for veggies.

ABEL said:

i think the strangest thing i'd ever eaten would have to be a pill bug when i was little :laugh:

:yumm:

pill.jpg

You ATE a poor little rolly-poley?!?! :lmao: I used to spend hours digging those up for my frogs...can't imagine eating one myself (although, in 19 years, I'm sure I've downed a few by accident...)

arw9797 said:

:shifty: I get the same reactions from people when I eat peanut butter and mustard sandwiches :drool: I put mustard on just about everything :D

Same with my peanut butter and pickle...

"You're eating WHAT??"

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

You ATE a poor little rolly-poley?!?! :lmao: I used to spend hours digging those up for my frogs...can't imagine eating one myself (although, in 19 years, I'm sure I've downed a few by accident...)

i only ate one once that i remember. i was really little.
the rest of the time i spent playing with them when my parents didn't sweep them off the back porch :cute:

arw9797 said:

people think it's weird that i put mayo on my hot dogs. :hmm:

we threw a Carnivore Carnival a couple years ago...
pretty tame by most standards but we had venison, kangaroo, alligator, rabbit, quail, pheasant, wild boar, etc... little bit of everything.

'Roo tastes like liver, sort of.

Goat, at an Ethiopian meal...

I've inhaled mosquitoes, ew ew ew ew...

...I'm trained in wilderness survival, so have eaten a lot of woodland plants most folk might consider 'weird'..

Back
Top Bottom