What's the scariest dream you ever had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Hmmm...for me, it's a tie between

- a witch standing in my room, covering me with my bed blanket and capturing me.

- the clown from Stephen King's book "It" TV (yuck-that one scared the daylights out of me) series is walking up the stairs in our house, and he walks into my room. There's this scary yellow light around him, i stand at the corner and just crouch in terror. He gets closer and closer, till i see his teeth...

Oh, and various dreams where i'm being hunted by some evil man and i run like crazy all over the place.

I've had so many.
Falling out of a plane(a recurring dream), a dream in which i can, literally, while semi- awake, feel the sensation of falling a great distance.
A dream i had when i was little of being sucked down a drain.
MANY dreams of being chased by various people who meant me harm.
And recently, a dream of God talking to me and telling me not to go into the park at night, but i had to go because i left some food there, along with a couple of interferencers,lol! So i went and i couldnt find the Interferencers, so i went to get the food, and some guy walked up to me with a knife and was about to slit my throat. I screamed for help, and woke up just in the nick of time.
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Probably before the 911 thing happened..

I dreamed I was driving on the freeway to my parents house and it was dark out.. but the sky was a bright blue.. and a plane flew over the freeway really low, dropping bodies out of it all over the freeway.
frown.gif
I was trying not to hit them.. then the plane crashed.

------------------
My Lair

I had a dream once that I received 17 emails from the same person in one day. It was probably the scariest dream I've ever had. You know when you wake up in a deep sweat? Well, that's how bad it was.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by mikal:
I had a dream once that I received 17 emails from the same person in one day. It was probably the scariest dream I've ever had. You know when you wake up in a deep sweat? Well, that's how bad it was.

Who were the emails from?

CK thinks he knows....

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 01-27-2002).]

My worst dream went like this-

My family and I were sitting at the dinner table, when all of a sudden we heard a screeching noise. I went and opened the front door to see what was going on, and a car backs up and proceeds to shoot up our house.

I pray this never really happens.

------------------
Southern playalistic

Oh, this one's easy.

There is only one terrible dream that comes to mind and I've had this dream more than once (although it seems like years since the last time).

On an overcast day I'm driving on the freeway and there are bodies scattered everywhere, dead bodies, total carnage. If I remember the dream correctly, there are open wounds on the bodies -- and maybe I can even "smell" death. Perhaps these bodies are strewn about as a result of a huge car accident, I don't know. Whatever the case may be, it is a horrifying dream.

My scariest dream went something like this....

It was a lovely day in May of 2001, I was casually roaming the internet looking for someone who might have been at U2's Houston concert. Then suddenly everything went blue and these Martini glasses were everywhere and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop staring at the blue screen and the words that flowed from it. I tried and tried to escape, but couldn't........

SOMEONE WAKE ME UP!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

I have had many dreams of planes crashing, I live beside an international airport, so that is very bad! Also people close to me dying, I was at the funeral of one of my friends, and also..........nah, yeah, bad dreams!

Often I just forget them. Spiders figure sometimes too.

Originally posted by Like O2:
My scariest dream went something like this....

It was a lovely day in May of 2001, I was casually roaming the internet looking for someone who might have been at U2's Houston concert. Then suddenly everything went blue and these Martini glasses were everywhere and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop staring at the blue screen and the words that flowed from it. I tried and tried to escape, but couldn't........

SOMEONE WAKE ME UP!!!!!!!!!

I just had the same dream a couple of weeks ago.

-Knute

Argh, Ive had this recurring nightmare for as long as I can remember. Its really abstract so I cant describe it, but theres this sensation of this voice, I cant make out what its saying to me but its very bad and leaves me scared shitless.

The only other one worth mentioning is this one that happened after 9/11. A few months back, my husband's work approached him about going to France to work, which was fine even though I have this enormous fear of flying and have the HUGEST trouble even getting on a plane (they have since put off the decision due to 9/11). But anyway, in it, he has already left for france but has died, so Im getting on the plane to go collect him I'm assuming. It seems to occur in real time too this dream and is so alarmingly lifelike its awful. I get on the plane, do my overhead luggage, watch the seatbelt lights, the flight attendants to their safety etc and slowly take off. I have a window seat, and as the plane gets further up, I turn to the man sitting next to me and look at him for the 1st time. He is of Arabic appearance and says "I am terrorist and you are about to die"
[insert waking up screaming and crying for about 1/2 hour here]
I could do an identikit picture of this man's face. It is still so clearly burned into my brain. I have never felt fear like this. I cannot even describe it. It is something completely different to everday rational fear. I still haven't quite recovered from it, even though it was a few months back now, and haven't slept properly since it.

I'll involve your eyelid!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Not to long ago I dreamed that I was pregnant. The weird thing is in my dream I was mad because now I had to quit smoking. But I don't smoke? The next day I found out my sis-in-law was pregnant. Very Strange.

The other night i dreamed I was in a locker room/hotel. Someone was trying to kill me with a knife. I grabbed onto the sharp part of the knife to keep them from stabbing me in the heart..my hand was bleeding and all that. Well, as I was holding onto the knife, they pulled another knife out of their pocket and stabbed me in the heart. Somehow I didn't die, and the bad person called some backup and the backup came with a gun. They were on the 2nd floor and I was on the 1st, and it turned out the dropped the gun through an air vent and I grabbed it and killed all the bad guys.

Quite a fun dream.
biggrin.gif
it wasn't the scariest I've ever had though.

------------------
"I think that Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet." - Bono, 1981

u2er@u2email.com

Well once I had a dream that I was locked in a room with Michael Portillo. As if that wasn't bad enough, he wasn't wearing any clothes. It was terrifying. I couldn't sleep for nights :p

(For people outside of the UK, Portillo is a Conservative politician with a somewhat bizarre apperance and even more bizarre politics.)

[This message has been edited by FizzingWhizzbees (edited 02-03-2002).]

Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist:
sleep paraylsis sucks. i've had it happen to me twice. it's not quite a dream, but i thought i was dreaming at the time.
http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html
What the...? I thought that only happened to me! And now there's a name for it? I'm going to read up on this, thanks for posting.

Btw, if it's of any use to you, I tend to get this when I get too much sleep, as opposed to what it says on that page.

Freaky... but in a way reassuring.

Bono was Meatloaf
frown.gif

Oh and miss mac phisto i think u mentioned the sensation u were falling i get that sometimes and i actually jumped up from my bed once while i was sleeping and i woke up when i hit the pillow, my sister was sleeping in the next bed and she thought i was posessed
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom