What's the best PC deal I can get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
My budget is about $600. I need a new computer really badly. So what's the best deal I can get? I keep looking at Dell, but I don't want to miss out on something else good. I'm planning on getting the new computer in the next month or so. Thanks for the :help:

:happy:

If you don't want to build your own, just wait for a Dell deal or promotion. You can easily get an entire system with everything you need for $600.

I agree.

When I moved out, Dad let me take the computer with me, since I had a ton more stuff on it than he did. Dell was having a promotion (like they so often do), so he bought one and got everything he wanted for around $600, including an all-in-one printer.

If you want, I can give you a school promo code that will get you like another 12% off if you buy online.

In the near term, Dells (and the like) will still be cheaper alternative. Also, check warehouse stores (like Costco). Used computers are also an option if you know how to clean them up.

Building one is still more expensive, but it gives you broader options to upgrade over time.

I would go with Dell also. We got a brand new one with a bunch of stuff for around $600 or a little more. Can't remember exactly what the promotion was at the time,lol. You want to get P4 though and not a Celeron. The Celeron's are slower because they run on only half of their power. Bf works with computers so I get lectured all of the time on this stuff,lol.

BonosBaby12 said:
I would go with Dell also. We got a brand new one with a bunch of stuff for around $600 or a little more. Can't remember exactly what the promotion was at the time,lol. You want to get P4 though and not a Celeron. The Celeron's are slower because they run on only half of their power. Bf works with computers so I get lectured all of the time on this stuff,lol.

It's true the P4s are better, but you don't always need that, especially if you're on a budget. Even though I'm a computer technician, I've always had cheaper/used computers. I've always had Celerons and I do internet, word processing, and even programs that are way more stressful on the processor, such as Photoshop, FireWorks, Dreamweaver, and other photo/audio/video editing software and I don't have any serious issues. If you're just going to do homework, go online, and listen to music, the Celeron is fine.

Back
Top Bottom